Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya error 20, MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
imBobertRobert
6612 Views, 4 Replies

Maya error 20, MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

Hello, for almost a week now i have been getting a very weird error when trying to launch autodesk Maya 2013 sudent. When i launch it, the output window pops up, then a few seconds later an error box pops up telling me that the license was not obtained. Unlike other cases that I have seen on the internet, however, is that it still says that the "product choice: environmental MAYA_LICENSE='657e1' ", which leads me to think that it might not be a maya problem as much as a windows problem (running windows 8 FYI). finally, it also says that MAYA_ALT_EN is not set, as the title says. I have tried many suggestions. setting the pop-up security on windows to 'off', setting the flexnet64 is running, and i have tried all the options for it to start with (and rebooting my system as well afterwards). I have tried repairing, uninstalling, reinstalling, to no avail. I followed a youtube tutorial involving clearing a cache (sorry for the vague description, I barely remember doing that one because i was so frustrated). I cannot do a systems restore since the only was was overwritten when i tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. As of right now I am working on a few projects with some friends, and as a main modeler, i am pretty much uselss right now.

A screenshot of the situation will be included with this post.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
satya22119
in reply to: imBobertRobert

first uninstall maya software then delete autodesk folder from C:\Program Files\Autodesk and C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk. delete maya.env from my documents folder. Install maya setup as trail version after install activate your software....

Note:-do not activate during installation

i hope it will help you guys....

Message 3 of 5
andrewrigsby
in reply to: satya22119

hi, i keep getiing this same error i believe: "Error 20"... Maya_alt_en is not set

If i understand you correctly, reinstalla as a trial version, and once its up running, register it as the student version?

Thank

Andrew

Message 4 of 5
andrewrigsby
in reply to: andrewrigsby

I attempted to reinstall as a trial and I still get the same error. See attachment

I have also tried deleting the Maya.ent file and deleted and reinstalled at least 10 times.

If anyone can help solve this problem it would be greatly appreciated, I cannot work on my class work at all.

Using:

Mac OS 10.6.8

Trying to use Maya 2013 SP2, Educational

andrew

Message 5 of 5

II probably should have mentioned this earlier, but I forgot about this thread. I fixed the problem I was having by installing the 2014 version of Maya, though I have a feeling that this won't work for everyone, and most certaintly would not be the best option for people who have bought the full license.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report