Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya and Mudbox 2015 Set Up Error Message " Setup.exe- Entry Point Not Found"

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
irhdigital
2277 Views, 9 Replies

Maya and Mudbox 2015 Set Up Error Message " Setup.exe- Entry Point Not Found"

Hello,

I continue to have some headaches with the setup process.   I have been able to download Maya and Mudbox 2015, but I  run into a snag when I try to install from the download.     I get this error:

setUpAreaMessage.jpg

If somone could help me with this, it would be much appriecated.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: irhdigital

This issue has plagued Autodesk products for years.  There are a handful of different solutions.  I would start here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/:///?q=litehtml.dll&search_type=thread&filter=la...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 10
irhdigital
in reply to: TravisNave

Travis,

Thanks for responding.  Unfortuately, The link you gave me doesn't seem to be working.    

I have noticed people talking about replacing and renaming files in order to get the products to install.  I'm not sure I fully understand the problem.

Since it is a recurring issue for Autodesk products, has anyone made a step by step guide for fixing this?

Thanks again for your help?  

Ian

Message 4 of 10
TravisNave

Sorry about the link.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels&q=litehtml.dll

It's a hit or miss issue.  I haven't seen it in awhile, but it seems to be back for 2015 more commonly now than in recent memory.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 10
irhdigital

Travis,

I tried the process of using the Control Panel and adjusting settings outlined in the forum entry included in your link.  No luck.  I did manage to get the install screen for Mudbox, and enter in my license information, but the Install button was greyed out, and thus I could go no further. 

I guess these are my questions at this point:

What is a LiteHtml.dil?     What is wrong with the 3 versions of it included in the Maya/Mudbox download folders ( Are they defective in some way to make them appear to be missing)?

Where do I get a working liteHtml.dil and where do I install it on my computer?

Thanks again Travis 

Message 6 of 10
TravisNave

Odd that the install was greyed out.  Did you collapse the customization on the main menu?  That typically will allow you to install.  Otherwise, take another screencap and post it.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 10
irhdigital

Travis,

Here is the screencap:

mudboxSetUpScreen.jpg

I was not able to get to this point with Maya 2015.  The test program not came back with any information.

Message 8 of 10
irhdigital

Travis,

This is how far I can get with the Maya 2015 Install:

mayaInstallPage.jpg

I was able to type in my license info and it began the install, the stopped and got to here.   

I would appreciate any additonal advice in resolving this issue.  Thanks so much.   

Message 9 of 10
TravisNave

Click that blue link for installation log and attach it here.  That'll go a long way to help.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 10
irhdigital

Travis,

I have attached the Maya Install Log.

I noticed after the looking at the Maya 2015 screen configuation that the Mudbox screen is telling me that Mudbox was installed.   The version that installed on my machine did not work at all, so I did an uninstalled it.    I think I am making matters worse.    Oh well.

I there are some answers in all this.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report