Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Quit Unexpectedly MAC

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
tkraus1
8187 Views, 9 Replies

Maya Quit Unexpectedly MAC

Maya use to work fine on my laptop however now when I open maya the icon bounces for a good while and then I am informed that Maya Quit Unexpectedly. 

I am running Maya on a Mac, and I've tried deleting and reinstalling. This is also the student version.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated, I've been struggling with this for weeks!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
hashim.mundol
in reply to: tkraus1

try to remove license info. also after uninstall

delete /Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Adlm/
and
/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/
then try a clean install

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 10
tkraus1
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Thank you SO much I cannot even begin to thank you.

Have so much stuff to catch up on....and very glad that I can now.

Message 4 of 10

How do I remove the license info. I am just now experiencing this issue. Today is April 16, 2014. Please help. I am an instructor at a technical school. I am working on a purchased license.

Message 5 of 10

SOLVED! - - - I found the Library folder inside the MacHD and inside it are the folders in the exact path as suggested in the post above (I reposted the path below). I did not have to do the first section suggested in the post above to resolve this issue ....but what WORKED for me immediately was to delete the contents in the last folder in this path......  /Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/

Why do I think this happened? It is a licensing issue. Make sure you have a paid license or a free student or teacher license. In my case even after I installed an official license from Autodesk for teachers it failed to open the software until AFTER I deleted the contents in the ... FLEXnet folder. The original Maya software license that failed for me was a paid Maya 2011 license.

Message 6 of 10

Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem on my mac that it is saying maya quit unexpectedly, I looked up Adlm in the application support folder the only one that looks similar is ADUT.  I also could not find flex net at all.  My email is rschachter86@gmail.com and my cell is (516) 524-4656.  Any advice would be appreciated and thank you for your time and support!

Best,

Robert Schachter

Message 7 of 10
rschachter86
in reply to: rschachter86

error.png

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: tkraus1

hi I have the same problem, everytime click maya, it would bounces several time and then quit.......

Already deleted all the files as you mentioned, and then install, same things happened... I just can't install it on my computuer...

anyone who know to figure this out?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: rschachter86

Exact same problem here. How do I fix this? 

Message 10 of 10

It worked! I just deleted the "ADLM" file cus I couldn't find the "flexnet" one. It still worked anyway.

Big thank you! @hashim.mundol 

(I'm using the education version btw)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report