Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya/Mudbox Desktop Subscription, no download buttons

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
hi
Participant
445 Views, 4 Replies

Maya/Mudbox Desktop Subscription, no download buttons

Hi there,

i recently got a maya/mudbox for linux desktop subscription, but i dont know how to download it and unfortunately for a whole day none of the highly skilled technical support memeber were available via chat or phone (i wonder if there even is a real person that does support for autodesk 😕 )

I found a screenshot in the desktop subscription faq that shown a download button directly on the right side of the products list, but there is non in my products list, it also shows '0 of 1 seats available' - i guess this can't be good?

I never downloaded or registered anything.

How/where can i download the products?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: hi

I would recommend that you try downloading your product using the trial or the virtual assistant by following the directions here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
hi
Participant

Thanx, but unfortunately there are no trial versions for Linux

Message 4 of 5
hi
Participant

omg, i found it... if you get a desktop subscription, the download is not under manage.autodesk.com as described everywhere, but in the subscription center.

anyway, the linux version is not working anyway, now that was well spent money Smiley Frustrated - better go and warn the linux community, autodesk is misusing linux as a marketing tool... linux software that only runs on redhat is not really linux software.... nobody is running redhat on a desktop (and fedora is nothing else then a redhat beta, so no thanx either) - i'm off for sidefx houdini, they really support linux.

Message 5 of 5
stormstudios

On, for instance Ubuntu, you need libssl.so.1.0.0.e and a link called  libssl.so.10 pointing to it  in the /user/autodesk/maya/lib folder. Same goes for libcrypto.so (same version numbers and links as libssl.so. In addition Maya crashes when opening jpg's, so edit the bin/maya2015 file, and add

setenv LD_PRELOAD /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libjpeg.so.62

After the comments at the top. Also check bin/License.env, that it's pointing to the correct license type. Network or Standalone (I assume DesktopSubscription qualifies as Standalone).

That all works for normal floating license, but I've had a rather painful time getting the Desktop Subscription to work. On Mac/Win, you will get a login window, where you register with your Autodesk login. On Linux, you'll need to do something like.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/Autodesk/Adlm/R9/lib64

/usr/autodesk/maya2015-x64/bin/adlmreg -i S 657G1 657G1 2015.0.0.F xxx-xxxxxxxxx /var/opt/Autodesk/Adlm/Maya2015/MayaConfig.pit

Where the X's are your serial number. I've gotten this to work some of the time for some users, and had a usable quarterly rental license, but now I'm having trouble with it again. When I start maya nothing happens, at all. Earlier Maya would start as root,, but not as a normal user, and after a re-install, it won't start for root either.. I'm kind of stuck on this, and have spent quite a bit of time trying to figure this out.

I agree with you 110% that Autodesk needs to support more distros than an old versions of RedHat/CentOS, like SideFX does. 

They also need to distribute their software in a way where it can choose to just unpack it, rather than install it. Most medium to large studios have tools that set the environment, so they can easily jump between using different versions of software, for different projects. This means that only the version of the tools and libraries you need for the proejct you're working on are in path, and you can freeze older projects to specific versions. Of all the software I've unpacked and installed this way, including Nuke, Houdini, Mari and more Maya is by far the most difficult to get working.

And finally, for subscription customers that have floating licenses, they need to support rental floating licenses, like The Foundry does. Adding an entry to a license file takes literally 2 min, and will work with the current setup you already have at your studio. Including custom environments. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report