Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya License not obtained 2012

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
babybosajr
2158 Views, 2 Replies

Maya License not obtained 2012

This is very frustrating guys:

I have had Maya 2012 for almost a year with the edcuational license and suddenly, when opening maya, I get this message:

License was not obtained Tried Maya 2012 (657D1 2012.0.0.F), error 20 

License method: environment variable MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD='standalone' 

Product choice: environment variable MAYA_LICENSE='unlimited' 

License file override: environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

Mac OSX 10.6.8

I have searched the issue, and followed steps in this thread  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/License-was-not-obtained-Tried-Maya-2012-error-...

without success.  Can anyone help?  What is this issue?  Does this have to do with the nature of my educational license?  Please help. Do I need to do a full system clean?

Thanks

jake

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: babybosajr

Educational licenses do expire.  Are you sure you haven't reached the end of your term?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
kbwoods
in reply to: TravisNave

I'm having this issue as well. I've just downloaded Maya 2012 for Mac OS last night, and I'm getting this error even while trying to run it with in 30-day trial mode.I wanted an Educational license, now that I'm a teacher, but I saw the alert that they are currently broken. Great...

I've been through all the forums (apparently it is a common problem), and here's what I've tried so far:

Did a complete "clean" uninstall, according to Autodesk's instructions, using the adlmreg commands, etc.

Logged in as root and removed these directories (BEING CAREFUL TO BACK THEM UP FIRST!):

/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/

/Library/Application Support/FLEXnet Publisher/

/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/

Removed all trace of old Maya versions I had floating around.

Re-installed Maya with the Service pack 2.

Nothing has made any difference, and I'm starting to get extremely ticked off. Help would be much appreciated!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report