Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya LT 2014 Free trial installation stuck on initializing.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
srborgens
1618 Views, 2 Replies

Maya LT 2014 Free trial installation stuck on initializing.

Hello,

I have been trying to get a free trial of Maya LT to work so that I can try it to see how I like it, but it will not install. I clicked the "Install Now" buttom when downloading off of the website and it downloaded. When I clicked to run the setup, it just sits on "Initializing" and doesn't do anything. I have had it cooking for over three hours and still no change.

Attached is a snipping of the window.

The Ginger Ninja

thegingerninja.com

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
emily.xu
in reply to: srborgens

Hi

Welcome to Autodesk Community!

This is actually downloading the installer at the background. I suggest you follow this solution to download the installer to your local and install from there.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 3
srborgens
in reply to: emily.xu

Thank you for the reply. I am unsure of whether that would work or not. The reason for this is that the "Download Now" option finally worked correctly for me. I had tried both options multiple times ("Install Now" and "Download Now") and neither one was working for me. Suddenly, though, the "Download Now" ended up working. 

Thank you for the reply, though.

One thing to note: In order to use the trial, I open Maya LT 2014 and am prompted with an "Autodesk ID" sign in request. My ID didn't work, so I would hit "Exit Trial". This them popped up a window asking to agree to privacy settings. Logically, this made no sense and I would close the window because I did not want to agree when I was already exiting the trial as the previous button said. When I finally selected "I agree" just to see what happened, the program launched as the trial version. I do not understand the logic of this process and it did nothing but frustrate me. Please let someone know that can get this process to make more sense. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report