Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Installer won't work on Mac

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
anne.moody
1645 Views, 6 Replies

Maya Installer won't work on Mac

Hello!

I am a uni student in desperate need of Maya, so I downloaded the student version. Unfortunately, when I tried to install, the launcher froze. Thinking it could be a problem of the file, I downloaded versions 2011 and 2010, but the same problem happened.

I searched a bit and it seems that this same error has happened on version 10.7 Lion of the Mac OSX, but I am running a 

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, and the machine is quite new. Any idea why this may be?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
david.lau
in reply to: anne.moody
Message 3 of 7
MarvinReyes
in reply to: david.lau

Hi, just recently bought Entertainment Creation Suite 2013. Having a problem installing to Mac OS X Leopard. Its says that 'it's not recognized and not mounting". 

Message 4 of 7
philip.s
in reply to: MarvinReyes

Hi MarvinReyes,

Have you checked out the component system requirements? From what I've seen so far, the Mac compatible products require OS X 10.7 or higher. 

Message 5 of 7
MarvinReyes
in reply to: philip.s

HI Philip,

Is there other way so i can install it? or i really need to upgrade my OS to Lion?

Message 6 of 7
MarvinReyes
in reply to: philip.s

My OS is just 10.5.x.

Thanks!

Marvin

Message 7 of 7
david.lau
in reply to: anne.moody

Confirm that the OS is 1 out from this list.  i.e. Maya 2009 is tested for 10.4.  It will probably work with 10.5.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=14959955&linkID=9242259

If it doesn't install, then try "Pacifist'.  You can search for "Pacifist" in the Up and Ready blog (3rd column).

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report