Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 Crash on Opening

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2371 Views, 5 Replies

Maya 2015 Crash on Opening

My new Maya 2015 crashes as soon as I try to load it. 

See photo

I'm on a monthly subscription license.
I've tried reinstalling it numerous times.

Please advise. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
asburyj
in reply to: Anonymous

The faulting module is MSVCR110.dll. That's a dll from the Microsoft Visual C++ 2012. I would suggest as a first step uninstalling and re installing the microsoft visual C++ 2012 both 32 bit and 64 bit.  You can find the installers at the link below

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

It worked at first and I could work in it for a while, but when I re-start the computer and try to open Maya it crash on Opening again. I uninstall microsoft visual C++ 2012 and install it again, but this time it didn't help.

Please Advise.

Message 4 of 6
asburyj

Is it still giving you an error related to that dll file? Can you perhaps try a windows system restore to when it was working?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/system-restore

If the system restore gets it working again I would suggest you backup a copy of the dll file so you can use it to compare and see if the file is being altered by something. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I try doing the windows system restore but it still give me the same error.

Please advise. 

Message 6 of 6
asburyj

Is it the same exact error related to the MSVCR110.dll or is a different dll file crashing? If so I'd say go ahead and do a file search for MSVCR110.dll in the directory you installed Maya from. There should be one in there, try copying that file into your C:\windows\system32 and c:\windows\syswow64 directories. Overwrite any existing files and reboot the system. 

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report