Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2014 student install fails on new computer

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rberkman2
1094 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2014 student install fails on new computer

I am trying to download a student version of maya 2014 onto my brand new computer. I can download the installer fine but when I try to install it stops after about twenty minutes and says "installation complete. Some products failed to install." The problem is that maya itself is one of the things which doesn't install. I tried looking at the installation log file but I can't make sense of it at all. The last two lines say "install auto desk maya 2014 failed download failed installation aborted result 1603" and "rollback directx runtime failed failure is ignored result 1619." I've tried uninstalling and deleting all files pertaining to maya and then redownloading and reinstalling but he same thing always happens. I'm completely at a loss, as I'm pretty new to all this.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jessica.t
in reply to: rberkman2

Hi @aberkman2  and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please follow the troubleshooting steps as described in this solution from one of our Expert Elite member, @TravisNave If this thread does not resolve your issue please respond to this post with further information or "Accept as a Solution" if this post resolves your issue so that others with this same question can more easily find an answer. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: rberkman2

Failed download is definitely problematic.

I would recommend that you try downloading your product using the virtual assistant by following the directions here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

There are a lot of 1603 installation errors, so the log is always helpful.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report