Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2014 on Mac: Error 20

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Mo872
1075 Views, 3 Replies

Maya 2014 on Mac: Error 20

I keep getting this error after I download Maya 2014 on a Mac:

License was not obtained

Tried Maya 2014 (657F1 2014.0.0.F), error 20

License method:

environment variable MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD='standalone'

Product choice:

environment variable MAYA_LICENSE='unlimited'

License file override:

environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

I have tried downloading the Autodesk service pack 4 and nothing changed. Do I need to uninstall maya then install the service pack? Will someone please lay out step by step what I need to do to fix this. I am right in the middle of getting my demo reel together for graduation portfolio show and I need this to work. Thanks for your help in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
larsm.richter
in reply to: Mo872

I have the same issue on Windows 7. I've already installed the autodesk programs with my student licence on another computer but it I'm not using it anymore since I bought a new working station. Do I have to "release" the licence on the old computer in order to use it on my new one?!

Message 3 of 4
paulkrist

have you solved the problem?
Message 4 of 4
larsm.richter

yea I solved it. You need to export the license on the old machine. You can do that with the "License export utility" in your Autodesk/Autodesk Maya 2014 folder.

The license will be uploaded automatically onto the autodesk server and you can import it on your new machine. Not really difficult but it took me a long time to figure this out...

hope this helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report