Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2014 - keeps asking for activation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1628 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2014 - keeps asking for activation

Setup : Maya 2014 - full suite on a Windows 7 / 64 machine.  Standalone license.  No recent changes to the computer hardware.  Software side saw an install of the Maya 2015 beta preview a few weeks ago.

The problem : a few days ago, Maya started asking for activation every time I started it.  I had deadlines so I powered though the weekend, too busy to try and fix it.    I just kept activating.  By this morning, I had hit my reactivation limit.

So, I finally spent a morning uninstalling/reinstalling Maya and I got a new activation code.   Unfortunately, it did the same thing - Maya worked immediately after activation, but after I closed and restarted Maya, it asked for activation again.   Maya seems to be "forgetting" that it has been activated.

Also realizing this affecting the whole suite - 3ds Max and Mudbox are also affected.  My old Maya 2013 suite still works.

Dug through help pages the whole afternoon, nothing seems to be directly applicable.   Any thoughts?  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dembkod
in reply to: Anonymous

gmaestri

Hello. You could try to delete the TSF file and see if it helps. It looks like ADSKFLEX_NUMBERS_TSF.data

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet

After this it may ask you to register, but it may rebuild teh file correctly and hold the activation. 

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have the same problem with my Maya 2013.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report