Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2014 crashes on splash screen

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Tmonkey
528 Views, 3 Replies

Maya 2014 crashes on splash screen

Hi, I have been having a problem since Monday night 😞 I have been working with Maya 2014 with the student version (on Windows 😎 for a while and I haven't have any real proble until now. I was working on a model for a school project and had to go away for a while so I closed Maya and when I returned I couldn't open it again, it shows the output window and the splash screen but a few seconds after the splash shows, it immediatly closes without showing the error report window. I have already reinstalled it and still have the same problem.
Any ideas on how to repair this?
Thanks guys.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Tmonkey

That behavior is almost certainly a license issue.  Sometimes licensing goes awol.  You'll likely have to blow away the adsk licensing files and reactivate.

They are located here:

%programdata%\flexnet\adsk*.data

The log file in that folder should confirm it.  I recommend backing up the files first.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
allanalbertlee
in reply to: TravisNave

I come across with almost the same problem on my mac, and here is my post:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Crashed-opening-a-scene/m-p/5051538#M87497

Any idea? Same solution, or maybe it's differernt on mac and maya 2015? Plz help me

Message 4 of 4
Tmonkey
in reply to: allanalbertlee

Hey!
After tryiung several things I figured out that at least in my case what happened is that some Python files had suddenly broke... I reinstalled Python and it worked again.
Hopefully this can help you.               

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report