Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1
Colin81G
400 Views, 0 Replies

Maya 2014 activation

I've installed Maya 2014 on my Linux computer just fine. However when I try to activate my student license I receive the - The request code you entered is not valid. Try again (Error 3).

I know exactly what you are going to say to this - "The Education Community currently does not support / provide Linux student licenses" - but to be honest that just sounds lazy. I have successfully installed, activated, and used Maya 2012 and Maya 2013 on Linux just fine. All with student licenses. You didn't "support" it over the last two years but it still worked 100%.

Also when I log into my account and go to download my products, I get the option to download Maya for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Has there been any major change in the licensing/request code generation system? To me it all seems exactly the same. I am experienced with Linux so if there are any files with relevant information you wish to see I can upload them.

Thanks,

Colin Gillespie

On a side note, providing Linux student support for Maya should take minimal effort to implement... so why not do it? Alot of people have been asking for this for years now...

Tags (3)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report