Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2014 Mac OSX: Installation failed on exit ERROR

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
xepherxepher
2519 Views, 8 Replies

Maya 2014 Mac OSX: Installation failed on exit ERROR

I need help. Everything goes fine through the installation but I have this AutoDesk Lisence manager error: PLEASE HELP!ERROR.png

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
hcoale
in reply to: xepherxepher

Unbelievably frustrating. Ready to start a new project and decided to try Maya on my Mac OS 8.5 machine instead of different 3D software. Excitedly downloaded the 30-day trial, then iinstalled. But after a long installation process, the last thing the installer says is "Installation Failed on Exit". That was 5 hours ago. Since then I've scoured the Web looking for solutions, and have tried about 3 different suggestions. None worked.

Then I went and downloaded the most recent service pack, as well as the original trial version, then uninstalled and re-installed FOUR times... trying to launch each time, but  get "Installation Failed on Exit" every single time.

I had heard that Autodesk was a ton better than it was years ago, when I left for good. Now that I'm trying again, I find it kind of ironic to have (seemingly like flashbacks) a thoroughly frustrating and aggravating experience trying to get Autodesk software to work on a Mac. Seems like a lost cause.

Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

Message 3 of 9
michaelosaldanha
in reply to: hcoale

I have the same problem.. Did you find a solution?
Message 4 of 9

No answer, Autodesk has no answers Smiley Frustrated

install failed error.jpg

install failed.jpg

Message 5 of 9
La_Diabla
in reply to: xepherxepher
Message 6 of 9
philip.s
in reply to: La_Diabla

Hello! 

Has anyone tried downloading the Maya 2014 SP3 yet? It should relieve some of the installation / activation issues noted here that occur with OS X 10.9.

Autodesk Maya 2014 Service Pack 3 - LINK

Please let me know either way.

Message 7 of 9
La_Diabla
in reply to: philip.s

Maya 2014 will not run on Mavericks OSX 10.9! (see my Twitter link above)

Message 8 of 9
jessica.t
in reply to: La_Diabla

Hi @La_Diabla,

Check out this Autodesk Solution on resolving Error 110 when activating Maya 2014 on Mac OSX 10.9 Mavericks for further information. Give it a try and let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 9 of 9
Ksperea11
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi,

I have been trying to get this same issue fixed for a week now. I updated to the new OS X Yosemite, do you guys think this will be an issue with trying to solve the promlem?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report