Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2014 Licensing Error 19--Can't Repair or Activate Student License

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ashley.herrold
3489 Views, 3 Replies

Maya 2014 Licensing Error 19--Can't Repair or Activate Student License

Hello,

Recently I installed Maya 2014 for a class at my University and registered the student license. I'm running it on Windows 7 OS. I was able to get the email for the activation code, but when prompted to activate my software, all I got was a blank page with 2 radio buttons on it and nothing further I could do. The only way to exit the application was by pressing the X button, which brought up error 19. However, when I reopened Maya, I still had the option to activate the product.

I tried going to properties and then copying and pasting the URL into the address bar of Google Chrome (since IE10 doesn't seem to work for some reason), which seemed to work at first. I was able to register and activate, and it said that I had successfully activated my product. However, when I clicked finish, the tab at the top of the screen said "RTFailure". I attempted to close and reopen Maya, but that didn't fix anything, and it said that I still needed to activate the product.

I tried various solutions to try to get the blank page to show something other than two radio buttons. I tried everything from manually going to command prompt and activating jscript.dll and vbscript.dll , getting rid of the data entry in program data, checking the zones in HKEY for those folders 0-4, resetting 1400 file to 0, editing the htmls and adding the code that would make it secure, enabling activex. Nothing worked. 

After one of the fixes (the data entry file one), I now have a different issue: Instead of giving me an option to activate, I now only have the option to repair. However, I can't even do that because when I click repair I get the same blank page with two radio buttons. Now instead of having 30 days for my "trial", I only have 7 days before I'll be unable to use it. I'm really frustrated because I'm not even supposed to be stuck in this licensing phase, at this point I should be able to activate my student account which I desperately need in order to keep up with my class. I can't even repair because the same page I got for the activation pops up, and after scouring the internet and poring through dozens of unhelpful solutions, I'm at wits end. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: ashley.herrold

For more information on this known Autodesk Support Knowledge Base article, please follow this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6404339&linkID=9240617

Additional discussion about this issue can be found here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Blank-Activation-Screen/td-p/2862508

Once you have that figured out, you should be able to activate it without issue.  Have you tried logging in as another user with local admin rights and trying that?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
dembkod
in reply to: ashley.herrold

ashley.herrold ,

Hello. Rollback IE 10 to IE9. You cannot simply use another browser as IE is integrated with the OS. Here is a process for you:

1. In the Windows Control Panel, go to Programs and Features
  2. Click Turn Windows features on or off
  3. Uncheck the Internet Explorer 10 box and click "OK". Let the process run
  4. After the system finishes processing, reboot the machine
  5. In the Windows Control Panel, go to Programs and Features
  6. Click "View Installed Updates"
  7. Locate the update for Internet Explorer 10 and select it and click "Uninstall" at the top of the screen.
  8. Let the process complete and reboot.
  9. Try to activate

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 4 of 4
ashley.herrold
in reply to: dembkod

Uninstalling IE10 worked like a charm. Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report