Installation & Licensing

Message 1 of 2 (251 Views)

Maya 2012 wont start up after offline help install

251 Views, 1 Replies
03-20-2013 06:08 AM

I am having an issue where after the Maya 2012 offline help was installed, Maya 2012 will not start up anymore.  It just hangs at the start up screen and never completely loads so it has to eventually be force quit.  So far I have tried a repair and a reinstall on Maya with no luck.  As soon as I uninstalled the offline help though, Maya fired right up.  Any idea what is going on here and how I can fix it?

Here is the link to the help files that I am installing:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=16278314&linkID=10809894

Product Support
Message 2 of 2 (215 Views)

Re: Maya 2012 wont start up after offline help install

03-21-2013 11:08 AM in reply to: reidharrington
  • I just installed Maya 2012, then the docs for Maya 2012. 
  • I used default settings for both installations.
  • I launched Maya after the docs were installed and...
  • I have included a screen capture of the help settings as well.

My only suggestion is to reset the preferences.  Please rename the following folder from:

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\Documents\maya\2012-x64\prefs\

to:

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\Documents\maya\2012-x64\prefs-OLD

If you restart Maya, a new "prefs" folder will be re-created.  It is launches, just goto the preferences and select "local".

David Lau

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube