Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2012 not installing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jonnyristow
1713 Views, 4 Replies

Maya 2012 not installing

I'm trying to install Maya 2012 on Mac os x 10.6.8. I get all the way to the end and get an error saying installation failed on exit. I have uninstalled everything after and tried downloading it all over again but get the same results. I don't know what to do please help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
philip.s
in reply to: jonnyristow

Hi jonnyristow,

Can you please attach the installation log so that our community base can troubleshoot accordingly.

How to Locate Installation Log - LINK

Message 3 of 5
jonnyristow
in reply to: philip.s

how do I find an installation log on  mac? the link is for windows

Message 4 of 5
philip.s

Sorry jonnyristow, I initially missed that in your post. I don't think that there is an installation log on Macs in the same sense that there is on a PC.

With that being said, I dug around a bit and was able to find a few resources.

"Installation failed on exit" is a 'false' error message. In some instances, you can resolve this issue by using Pacifist, a 3rd party program to force the install. Check out both of the links below for more info on that process.

Up and Ready Link 1

Up and Ready Link 2

You can download the full version of the software with all appropriate fixes from the Maya 2012 Service Pack 2. In combination with Pacifist, this should get you around the error.

Message 5 of 5
jonnyristow

Thank you that helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report