Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2012 - Network License Server Option Greyed Out

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
CraigAllison3011
867 Views, 6 Replies

Maya 2012 - Network License Server Option Greyed Out

Hi there

I have a linux based license server running all my Autodesk products and am trying to install Maya 2012 (hotfix 1 & 2) on a couple of my macs running OSX 10.6.5.

During the install, when I click the network license option and type in my license server the "Continue" option remains greyed out just leaving me with the option to install as trial or put in a serial number.

I had license issues with my linux boxes too but have fixed those by running adlmreg with all the switches post install.

Anyone got any advice???

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Just a note that the Mac and Linux versions of Maya are FULL installs. You will need to delete the folder before installing it.

Maya 2012 Hotfix 4 is the lastest version.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17478798&linkID=9242259

You should be able to select on the bullet "network" to get to the next stage of the installation wizard.

David Lau
Message 3 of 7

Hey David

This still doesn't work, I click the network license button during install on OSX, input my license server name and the "Continue" button remains greyed.

Regards

Craig

Message 4 of 7

Can you send me a screen capture of the problem? 

Use:  Shift + Apple + 3 pr Shift + Apple + 4

David Lau
Message 5 of 7

Sure, here you go...

Message 6 of 7

You need to enter a serial number and product key. If you are using Maya 2012, the product key is 657D1.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/06/general-licensing-product-keys.html

The Maya Creation Suite has a different product key than Maya.

David Lau
Message 7 of 7

Aha!

So the install process has changed from previous versions... We've only ever had to input the license server name in the past!

That works!

Cheers

Craig

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report