Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2012 License Transfer Utility Problems

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sonicboom
2453 Views, 4 Replies

Maya 2012 License Transfer Utility Problems

Hi, 
I got myself a new Macbook Air and am trying to install Maya 2012 on it. On my old macbook I used the license transfer utility to export my maya license. I want to use that license now on my new system.

I restored the old macbook from time machine and then I tried installing the latest Maya 2012 release ( HF4 ) as well as the initial release from my subscription. The installation went well every time but the outcame is always the screen that I need to activate my product.
After installation I started the the license transfer utility to import my license from the autodesk servers. Then I need to log in and the utility finishes the process and tells me that my license has been imported successfully. 
But when I am trying to start maya afterwards, again the activation screen pops up. I also tried installing Maya as trial version which will not work as well because again the activation screen pops up, no 30 day trial, nothing.

What can I do to get Maya running again?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: sonicboom

Please contact Authcodes.  Try to activate online, then an error will come up and then try to loop it back to manually activate.

1.  Have your serial number ready. 

2.  Proivde Activation Key 

http://en.autodesk.ca/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=9719649&id=9830778

David Lau
Message 3 of 5
TravisNave

Have you tried simply activating the product? If that works, then you should be all set. If not, get an activation code from Autodesk by calling 1-800-551-1490.

The LTU never works...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 5
sonicboom
in reply to: TravisNave

I already activated the software two times ( on my desktop pc and via home use license on my old notebook ). That's why  I wanted to transfer the license to the new one. I just assumed this license transfer tool would live up to its purpose. But I will try with the activation team then. Thank you.

Message 5 of 5
david.lau

The ABC team can tell if you tried to transfer the license as it will hit our 'databases'.     The should be able to manually activate it for you.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report