Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2011student version not starting.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Cornelius3D
605 Views, 3 Replies

Maya 2011student version not starting.

Hello,

The student version of Maya 2011 doesn't start. I get the splash screen and it says loading in the bottom left of the splash screen, but the output window is blank.

I just uninstalled the student version I downloaded yesterday and installed the hotfix 3.  When I run Maya I get a blank output window, and the small splash screen.. followed by the standard Windows 7 crash popup “Maya application has stopped working.. check online for solutions or close program.”

The UI never launches.

My computer is new as of Feb 27th 2011
i7 950 3.37GHz
Win 7 64
12GB RAM
nVidia GTX 460 with new nVida drivers 275.33.

I have disabled the Win 7 firewall,
Disabled my AVG Online Shield and Resident Shield,
I had a look at the Environment Variables of which I have

C:\ Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2011\bin;

C:\ csvn\bin\;

C:\ csvn\Python25\;

C:\ Program Files (x86)\NVIDIACorporation\PhysX\Common;

& # xSy;stemRoot%\system32;

& #xSy;stemRoot %;&#xSy;

stemRoot % \System32\Wbem;

& #xSY;STEMROOT %\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;

C:\ Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Backburner\;

C:\ Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\;

C:\ Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;

C:\ xampp\php;

C:\ xampp\mysql\bin

I don’t know if the is correct or if I need additional variables somewhere else, or perhaps remove something…

What is the major malfunction here?? 

Thank you for any knowledge or resources you can help me out with.

Cheers,

C3D

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Cornelius3D

If you have no other Autodesk Programs installed

Please uninstall Maya

Delete following files/folders manually

C:\programdata\autodesk\adlm

C:\programdata\flexnet\adsk*.*

then reinstall Maya. If you can install normally, and if you still have issues, please update Video drivers and try

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
Cornelius3D
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Hello Hashim,

Thank you so much for your reply.  

I do have other Autodesk products installed. 

3DS Max 2011,

MatchMover 2012,

Maya 2011,

Maya 2012,

MotionBuilder 2011,

Mudbox 2011,

Backburner,

Composite 2011,

Sketchbook Pro 2011. 

I installed Maya 2012 because I couldn't get Maya 2011 to start.  Maya 2012 seems to have a lot of problems of its own. I cannot assign a new material to an object(nothing happens, if I open the Hypershade.. its blank.), MentalRay is not present, and if i try to open the Plugin Window it seems to run through the process of opening the window but it does not appear..then if I try again it gives me a message about the Object's Name 'Plug-inRowColLyt1' is not unique.  

Anyway I just want to get one of these working.. I have a certification test in 3 days which I need to study for.  Thanks again for your help.  I have not recieved any help with this anywhere else and it is making me pull my hair out. I just need it to work.

Cheers,

C3D

Message 4 of 4
Cornelius3D
in reply to: Cornelius3D

I finally got both Maya 2011 and Maya 2012 running with all the respective functionality and windows working..

The problem was I had installed Python 2.6 on its own for other projects months before installing any Autodesk products. There were environment variables set by Python namely: PYTHONHOME and PYTHONPATH..

I read this post:

http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-maya/autodesk-maya-2011/python-problem/

which stated there should be no such environment variables set .. so I deleted them. Upon running Maya 2012 everything seems to be working.. when I assign a new material to an object, the Material Picker appears; when I try to launch the Plugin Manager, it appears.. Thank you for your help. It's a shame that Python and Environment Paths can screw up Maya so terribly. I hope this will help others with similar problems. Cheers, C3D

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report