Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2009 uninstall and license transfer

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Veovis
564 Views, 4 Replies

Maya 2009 uninstall and license transfer

Hello, I own a Maya 2009 stand-alone license.  It is on an older computer that I am going to be getting rid of.  I wish to deactivate the license on that computer, and in the future I may wish to reactivate the license on my new computer.

I have searched and I am unable to find any decent information on the process for this.  Some sources seem to indicate that I need to use a Portable License Utility (PLU) because it is a version year before 2010, but I do not seem to have that utility among the Autodesk files.

My concern is that if I simply uninstall and get rid of the computer, then I will never be able to activate the license again if I choose to.

Short version:  How can I uninstall Maya 2009, and decativate the license, so that I can be able to reinstall and reactivte on another computer in the future when I choose?

Thank you for any help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Veovis

If you have never upgraded beyond 2009 either manually or on Subscription, you should just install it on your new computer and see if you can activate it.  Note that it is only supported on Windows XP and Vista.  Once you have it working and licensed, then you can remove it from your old machine.  If it will not activate, then you can request a manual activation. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
Veovis
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you for the quick response.

I was not aware of '09 not being supported beyond Vista.  That is unfortunate, although understandable. I wish I could afford a newer version, but alas...

So from what I gather, you are saying that there is no "deactivation" process for the license?  Just the ordinary software Uninstall?

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Veovis

That is correct.  That's why I recommend getting it to work first on your new system.  You might be able to get it to work on Windows 7 (or even 😎 but it is simply unsupported.  Doesn't mean that you can't get it to work though.  Just that if it doesn't, you're pretty much out of luck.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
Veovis
in reply to: TravisNave

Understood.  Thank you again for the information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report