Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2008 license on Mac OS 10.4.11 server

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
GHSgrizzlies
1093 Views, 8 Replies

Maya 2008 license on Mac OS 10.4.11 server

I'm at a high school and have 30 floating licenses on an existing server and have been attempting to move the license to another server. I contacted AutoDesk and received a new license file with the Mac Address of the new server, but am having difficulty getting it to run... No matter what I try, Maya will not run on the client machine.

I've checked the online documentation and forums and have not found anything that has directions for Maya 2008 and a server that is OS 10.4. Everything I'm seeing is for more up-to-date software... Any direction or assistance would be great!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
david.lau
in reply to: GHSgrizzlies

The update (full installer) can be found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10535405&linkID=9242259

1.  Mac OS X Server is technically not supported but it *may* work.

2.  I have attached instructions.  You may need to edit the client files.  Syntax is:

SERVER ip-address-of-license-server 7111
USE_SERVER

SERVER  hostname-of-license-server 0 7111
USE_SERVER

David Lau
Message 3 of 9
GHSgrizzlies

David,

Thank you so much for your response!! I really appreciate it.

On the server, I installed Autodesk Maya 2008 Service Pack 1 for Mac from the web page then in the Additional Items folder, I installed "Alias_LicenseServer10.8.mpkg" (Should I have done additional installs?)

Then, I followed the directions you supplied, everything seemed to be going great, up until I checked to see if the license was actually running... and I got this message:

lmgrd is not running: Cannot connect to license server system. (-15,570:36 "Operation now in progress")

Any idea what I should do to correct this?

Thanks!!

Message 4 of 9
david.lau

You need to open the Activity Monitor and kill the sgiawd and lmgrd processes.  There will be a toggle to show all processes.

Then run the start command. i.e. sudo /usr/aw/COM/bin/aw_flexlm start

David Lau
Message 5 of 9
GHSgrizzlies

When I looked at all processes in the Activity Monitor, I did see lmgrd and quit that process. But, I did not see sgiawd in the list of processes so I could not quit that... When I checked the license status I got the same message as before.

What else can I do? 

Thanks again for your time on this!

Message 6 of 9
david.lau

Once lmgrd has been quit.  Then start the server again.  Do you have access to a Windows computer?  Licensing setup is MUCH easier.

David Lau
Message 7 of 9
GHSgrizzlies

Only a mac server available...

Once I quit lmgrd, I restarted the server and checked Activity Monitor again and lmgrd was running. So I quit it again... Should I have left it running after the restart? (Same message received)

Message 8 of 9
david.lau

Can you send me an email with you name, phone number and email address?  There is an envelope icon beside the (Sign Out) button.

I would like to help out directly tomorrow.  I work from 9 am to 5 pm EST.

David Lau
Message 9 of 9
GHSgrizzlies
in reply to: david.lau

Great. Thanks a lot.

(Just emailed you.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report