Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max 2011 WIll NOT start !?!?!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jpm
Explorer
787 Views, 2 Replies

Max 2011 WIll NOT start !?!?!

When I start up Max 2011 x64 I get an error "Autodesk component has stopped working" (see attached screen grab). The program freezes and I end up closing it by killing the process in task manager.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 with 12GB ram
I have Max 2010x64 installed on there also, it works perfectly fine. It has SP1 installed.

I have tried reinstalling 2011 numerous times, I have updated my video card drivers, vista itself, visual c++ redistribute 2005 sp1 and 2008 sp1 and .net framework. still no luck.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: jpm

Can you check the Windows event viewer to see if it points to any specific exe/dll for this startup crash?

Do you have the latest HotFix installed for 3ds Max 2010? Might as well, just to be safe.

Also, try deleting the preference (ENU setup) folder from the User location: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2011 - 64bit

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 3 of 3
jpm
Explorer
in reply to: jpm

AMAZING!

Thanks so much stephenblair7080 ,

After checking the event viewer (never used it before, seems really handy) there was an error logged every time I started max.
My multiple wacom drivers were crashing the license management (lmu.exe - or might be spyware i dont know)
I uninstalled the faulty wacom drivers now everything is working fine!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report