Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Library - Base Image Image Library will not install (2014 & 2013)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
A2K_TechSR
5152 Views, 3 Replies

Material Library - Base Image Image Library will not install (2014 & 2013)

When trying to install Autodesk Material Library - Base Image Library we get the attached message "The Library could not be installed/uninstalled.  Please exit all running applications and try again."

image001.png

We have tried installing in Diagnostic mode with the same result.  

Visual C++ has been uninstalled and we get the same result.

The Low and Medium Image libraries install without an issue but the Base Image Library always gives this message.  Currently this is blocking the install of Revit 2014.

Install log files attached. I have attached the log file for Revit 2014, the Base Image Library, and for 3DS Max that continued to install but shows the same error for the Base Image Library.  Also the system information file.

[13379]

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ishka
in reply to: A2K_TechSR
Message 3 of 4
A2K_TechSR

This is not a reasonable solution for multiple computers that will be having a deployment image pushed out across them.  Can Autodesk please identify the registry key or what ever that needs to be modified to have this resolved.  Thank you.

Message 4 of 4
james.bh

To anyone that has this problem again. Autodesk support have spent the better part of 2 days trying to work out why this was happening on my pc's (via remote desktop) and they have found a solution.

For some reason the uninstallation of previous versions did not remove some environment variables. Once I deleted these variables for revit 2011 & 2012 the installation was successful. It works for revit 2013 & 2014. Below are some of the variables deleted. 

I hope this helps you out...

CM2012DIR - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Material
3DSMAX_2011x64_PATH - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max Design 2011\

ADSK_3DSMAX_x64_2012 - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max Design 2012\
3DSMAX_2011x64_PATH - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max Design 2011\

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report