Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MatchMover 2012 64bit license problem

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
anisotropic
1597 Views, 8 Replies

MatchMover 2012 64bit license problem

hi, I Have AutoDesk Building Design Suite 2013 installed, including 3ds max design 2013, I have downloaded Matchmover (from subscription) 2012 (64bit) And i get a License error (please see the attached image). I don't own Maya..

Things I have tried. 

I added the enviromental variable ADSK_MATCHMOVER_LICENSE and set it equal to 3dsMaxDesign.

I also tried setting it to  3DSMAXDESIGN  I don't know if it's case senstive, Either way it just gave me a different error

I also tried just setting it to 3dsMax

(also see attached image)

I have tried simply unistalling and resinstalling it, along with rebooting . same error

I have tried starting the flexlm service , and set it to automatic

I have tried renaming the c:\programdata\flexNET folder

I have tried renameing the c:\programdata\autodesk\adLM folder. . same error (longshot)

I have tried everything here http://xsisupport.com/2010/10/20/matchmover-or-composite-looks-for-maya-licenses/

Matchmover only creates one log file in c:\flexlm folder, it does not create the adlm.log file

At one point I might have had Maya 2012 Trial installed, but it has Long since been unistalled.. and I think i've reformatted since. (thou flexLM i think writes to certain HDD sectors)

I have *not* tried Unistalling *everything*, and deleting all the autodesk Programdata files. I would rather not do this

My computer is Clean and virus free

Autodesk composite works fine.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: anisotropic

have you tried installing the 2013 version?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
anisotropic
in reply to: DarrenP

I have not, however i don't have a link to download it, My subscription only lists the 2012 version

Message 4 of 9
philip.s

Hello Nicholas,

What happens if you set the ADSK_MATCHMOVER_LICENSE variable = to 3dsMax? For more information on how to set environment variables in Windows, please refer to the following blog post.

Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue, or reply with additional specifics if the problem persists.

Message 5 of 9
anisotropic
in reply to: philip.s

Hi, I tried that already and it does the same thing as  the image i attached as licenseerror3.jpg

Message 6 of 9
david.lau

I have worked with a customer with this issue.  You must have 3DS Max Design 2012 installed.  You download matchmover.msi to install it.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/06/licensing-matchmover-2012.html

I would definitely add a system environmvont variable (not user) as noted in the attachment.

David Lau
Message 7 of 9
anisotropic
in reply to: david.lau

If this is the case, shouldn't I have access to matchmover 2013 in my subscription list?, i'm assuming matchmover 2013 will work with 3dsmaxdesign 2013 (currently installed)

Message 8 of 9
david.lau

So...are you trying to use Matchmover 2012 or 2013?

David Lau
Message 9 of 9
anisotropic
in reply to: david.lau

I have been trying matchmover 2012 as that is the only version availiable to me for downloading, I have 3dsmaxdesign 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report