Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual migration from ECSCAD LT 4.00 to AutoCAD ecscad 2012

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cad
Observer
648 Views, 1 Reply

Manual migration from ECSCAD LT 4.00 to AutoCAD ecscad 2012

Hi,

i have a huge problem, i want to migrate from my old ecscad lt 4.0 to AutoCAD ecscad 2012, is it possible?

Main problem is, the old machine is dead, i have the hdd with all files, but the installation of 2012 is on a new machine, can i copy the files to the new 2012 (i have also 2011, but if possible i want to go direkt to 2012).

I have also backups from all projects and catalogs, or do i have to import them each be each?

Thanks for your held.

Chris

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
WoHo
in reply to: cad

Hi Chris,

it is possible to migrate the data from ecscad LT 4.0 to AutoCAD ecscad 2012 manually. Both versions have the same folder structure (at least for the data transfer)

-          copy the projects from the ecscad 4.0 to AutoCAD ecscad 2012; in both version you will find a folder .\project

-          copy also the catalogs; both versions have also a folder .\catalog

-          in the .\config folder you will find the file dwg.cfg, copy it also; all page formats are defined in this file (if you never changed the page formats, it is not necessary to copy the file)

Start AutoCAD ecscad and open a project, e.g. any page of an old project; AutoCAD ecscad updates all the catalogs and projects; for a first try, I would copy not all projects; later, you can copy the remaining projects.

There are two more files: the article.mdb and tdb.mdb, the databases for the parts data and language text; officially, ecscad LT doesn’t support both databases; if you haven’t changed/added anything, you should not copy these both files.

There are maybe some more files (list definitions, address files, etc.) to copy, that depends from the degree you customized ecscad LT 4.0, but you should be able to work with the projects in AutoCAD ecscad 2012 without any limitation.

Regards

Wolfgang Hornauer
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report