Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made it a bit farther -15.570.10035

38 REPLIES 38
Message 1 of 39
sunflower2009
3060 Views, 38 Replies

Made it a bit farther -15.570.10035

Hey all I got my license redone but I'm being told I only have one seat. Ok fine no biggie there I just need it to work for one person anyway. It IS however still a network license.
Anyway I still get -15.570.10035 when that user tries to start algor. I've googled the error but can't come up with that number. Any ideas? Also I believe I have a subscription to Algor support but I don't see a number specifically for them anywhere.
38 REPLIES 38
Message 2 of 39
TravisNave
in reply to: sunflower2009

Who needs Google when you have me? 😃 Here is your book definition of that error:
-15 Cannot connect to license server system.
The server (lmgrd) has not been started yet, or the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the TCP/IP port or host name in the license file has been changed.
Essentially this means that your NLM is not running or the client cannot connect to the NLM. Have you verified that you are running as a service and that the server status tab shows the available license in the status enquiry? This could also be a symptom of your license file having some sort of error or conflict.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 39

Travis I'm pretty sure it isn't running, When I try to manually start the service it just instantly quits. I've got something wrong but I can't figure it out.
Where do I edit the host name etc/ I used the step in the license manual to try it with environment variables but I only see a variable for the server name an no others.
Message 4 of 39
TravisNave

If it starts then stops, then there is likely something wrong with your license file. You might double check the header in your .LIC file and make sure that the hostname and the ethernet MAC address on the first line both match what is listed in the System Settings tab in LMTOOLS. If they do not match, your license file is invalid and you will need to create a new one. And in case you were wondering, no you cannot simply change the information in Notepad to match. 😃 Let me know what you find.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 39

Travis, nope they are different. LMTOOLS has our 2003 server name that the license tools are loaded on. The license file has the name of the XP workstation that is trying to use algor. Algor is not used on the actual 2003 server. When I talked to licensing in the first place they said I needed to provide the ID and such of the machine that is going to use algor and not worry about the server. Obviously one of the two is switch around, help! 🙂
Scott
Message 6 of 39
TravisNave

Well, you're paying the price for their mistake. Does your MAC address on your license file at least match your server? If so, we can work with that...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 39

Bummer.

No sorry it isn't, it's completely setup with the info for the client. So request a license and give them the name of the SERVER and the mac address of the SERVER correct? They have been good with making me licenses. I tell them I'm trying to get it all sorted and they usually sympathize.
Message 8 of 39
TravisNave

Yep... That's pretty much what you need to do. Alternatively, you could install the NLM on that client machine and it will work there. I guess that depends on if you are going to have other clients accessing the license.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 39

Well not really I guess. I was originally told we could install it two times but only one person could use it at a time, but the last guy I called told me it was one license only. I'll try the license manager for now, that would be simpler if it works. I'll post back the results, many thanks Travis!
Message 10 of 39
TravisNave

Your network license is good for one seat only. However, you can install it an infinite number of times. You can only run one at a time though, as the only available license will be in use.
As always, it's a pleasure to assist. Hope you get up and running real soon!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 39

Short version: It works! many thanks!

Long version: I installed the license manager locally to the pc that will be using algor. I did a server query, set the paths, started the service etc and it still didn't work by setting that particular pc as the network server when algor started. I then started algor again, pointed it specifically at the license and bam it works. For now that's all I care about. I may have another head ache when it's time to get one other user setup (thanks for the heads up on the license by the way) but for now, who cares! 😄
Thanks Travis!
Message 12 of 39
TravisNave

Sounds good. What is the client operating system? It's probably something minor we can work out if and when you get to that point.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 39

Travis, it would be xp64 but I have another problem. Yesterday we made it into the program ok. He tried to launch it today only to be stopped by -15.570.10035 again. I browsed to the license file they created for him and selected it but it didn't matter. I also tried launching the program again and typing his pc name in as the server and that didn't work either which is what I did yesterday.
Any ideas? I checked and the flexnet service is running.
Message 14 of 39
TravisNave

You might paste the server status enquiry here so I can take a look.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 15 of 39

Here is the file. I also started the server using lmtools, clicked reread license and now the program will launch so I have something not quite right there.
--------
Status
--------
Flexible License Manager status on Thu 4/15/2010 11:30

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: @ENGINEERING1
License file(s) on ENGINEERING1: \\Sunengineering\program files\ALGOR\FLEXlm License Server\newbradley.lic;@engineering1:

lmgrd is not running: Cannot connect to license server system.
The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet,
the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the
port or hostname in the license file has been changed.
Server name: ENGINEERING1
License path: @ENGINEERING1;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,570
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.macrovision.com".
Message 16 of 39
TravisNave

This is on the client? Meaning, is Engineering1 the client machine or the server? The FlexLM service is definitely not running correctly on Engineering1 due to the license file. The application will not work until this is the case. If the license file hostname is not Engineering1 and the ethernet address doesn't match either, this will never work. If everything does match, you simply just need to configure LMTOOLS properly and start the service. Let me know and we'll go from there.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 17 of 39

Ok here is a list of two server queries one when I just restart thecomputer and try to start algor, the other after I have clicked "start server".
stopped

--------
Status
--------
Flexible License Manager status on Tue 4/20/2010 15:37

License server status: 27000@ENGINEERING1
License file(s) on ENGINEERING1: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\\\Sunengineering\program files\ALGOR\FLEXlm License

Server\newbradley.lic:

ENGINEERING1: license server UP (MASTER) v11.5

Vendor daemon status (on ENGINEERING1):

adskflex: UP v11.5
Feature usage info:

Users of 85525ASMES_F: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85592ASMES_2011_0F: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85507ASMES_2010_0F: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

--------
Status
--------
Flexible License Manager status on Tue 4/20/2010 15:37

License server status: @ENGINEERING1
License file(s) on ENGINEERING1: \\Sunengineering\program files\ALGOR\FLEXlm License Server\newbradley.lic;@engineering1:

lmgrd is not running: Cannot connect to license server system.
The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet,
the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the
port or hostname in the license file has been changed.
Server name: ENGINEERING1
License path: @ENGINEERING1;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,570
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.macrovision.com".

started

--------
Status
--------
Flexible License Manager status on Tue 4/20/2010 15:38

License server status: 27000@ENGINEERING1
License file(s) on ENGINEERING1: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\\\Sunengineering\program files\ALGOR\FLEXlm License

Server\newbradley.lic:

ENGINEERING1: license server UP (MASTER) v11.5

Vendor daemon status (on ENGINEERING1):

adskflex: UP v11.5
Feature usage info:

Users of 85525ASMES_F: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 1 license in use)

"85525ASMES_F" v2.000, vendor: adskflex
floating license

stewarbr Engineering1 Engineering1 (v2.000) (ENGINEERING1/27000 101), start Tue 4/20 15:38

Users of 85592ASMES_2011_0F: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 1 license in use)

"85592ASMES_2011_0F" v2.000, vendor: adskflex
floating license

stewarbr Engineering1 Engineering1 (v1.0) (ENGINEERING1/27000 201), start Tue 4/20 15:38

Users of 85507ASMES_2010_0F: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)
Message 18 of 39
TravisNave

Looks like you are getting a license.
Users of 85592ASMES_2011_0F: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 1 license in use)
Are you still having a problem on the client?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 19 of 39

Yes the program will not open until I open lmtools and hit start server, I have something wrong there still.
Message 20 of 39
TravisNave

On the Config Services tab, do you have both check boxes checked at the bottom? If not, do so and save the service. Then stop and start the service again.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report