Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDT 2009 cannot find Inventor 2012 [ Install fail ]

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tlebrun
989 Views, 2 Replies

MDT 2009 cannot find Inventor 2012 [ Install fail ]

* Windows 7 64bit SP1 fresh install * Logged in as an admin / full admin rights * Inventor 2012 Ultimate / Mechanical 2012 installed * 10+ year subscription with Autodesk * legit MDT2009 key (390-XXXXXXXX) * Same MDT2009 files I used to install it a dozen locations in the past Failed to install MDT 2009 (yes, we still need it) [see attached] "Autodesk Inventor was not found on your computer....................... with Inventor running in the background :rolleyes: Hello Monday... hows it going? Ugg.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
emily.xu
in reply to: tlebrun

Did you download the new MDT installer compatible for Inventor 2012 at http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=13744274&siteID=123112?

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 3
tlebrun
in reply to: emily.xu

Well, I downloaded the new MDT2009 files per the link above but could not, for the life of me, get around the infamous....

"Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603"

Gave up with those files, installed Inventor 2010, then installed MDT2009 from my 2 year old zip files, then uninstalled Inventor 2010 and all is well.

(I wonder what the difference between these sets of MDT2009 installation packages are)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report