Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long time to start AutoCAD 2014 & Revit 2014

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
vladimir
6131 Views, 7 Replies

Long time to start AutoCAD 2014 & Revit 2014

I have installed AutoCAD 2014, AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2014 and Revit 2014 from Building Design Suite Premium 2014 package on Dell T3600 Precision Workstation, Performance Build, Four Core

Xeon E5-1620 3.6GHz, 16GB DDR3/ECC, 256GB SSD, NVIDIA Quadro® K600 1GB, Win7 Pro.

Unfortunately it takes about 1 minute and 15 seconds (average) from the moment I click on any of these program icon to the moment I can start working on it. At the startup period I can see that program searching for license.

I also checked the following Autodesk article  http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS21825687  and my computer has no fatal error and recognise bios serial number.

Could you please advise if this condition with startup period longer than 1 minute should be by default or something wrong, because we just upgrade computer and had impression that this configuration is good enough.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DannyHubbard
in reply to: vladimir

Are you using a single license server or distributed servers?

If distributed, how many servers?

On the license servers are the TCP ports open on the firewall for the LMGRD and ADSKFLEX?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Port-number-used-for-network-licensing-of-Autod...

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 8
vladimir
in reply to: DannyHubbard

It is BDSP 2014 stand-alone license.

Vladimir
Message 4 of 8
DannyHubbard

Vladimir,

With a standalone license I would look at your ant-virus software and try creating exceptions or exelusions for the revit.exe and acad.exe to see if this helps with your startup time.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 8
vladimir

In adition to the above symptoms - with unplugged network cable it take only 5 seconds to start program. I did this test twice and 5 seconds against 1minut and 15 seconds with attached network cable and access to Internet.
Message 6 of 8
vladimir

I did what you suggest, but nothing happened - still 1min 15sec to load
program. If I unplug network cable and access to Internet it takes only 5
seconds to load program and start working.
Message 7 of 8
DannyHubbard

Vladimir,

I would start by checking your Windows printer and making sure they are all valid.

In Revit and AutoCAD look through the list of Recent Documents and see if any files you previously opened are from network resources that no longer exist.

Also in Revit and AutoCAD in the Open/Save dialog look at the Places on the left and make sure they are all valid.

If you log in as a new user do you have the same problem with the slow startup?

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 8
vladimir

Problem has been solved!!!!!

The DNS settings were using Google Public DNS.

The Google Public DNS IP addresses (IPv4) were as follows:

I reset back to our internal Server DNS IP for DNS1, and ISP provided DNS IP for DNS2.

Now AutoCAD launches much faster and does not hang on License Check screen.

I also noticed at one point the secondary DNS reverted to a Verizon/L3 DNS IP address briefly by itself. We reset to our internally used DNS settings and restarted the workstation and now all is working much faster.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report