Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login problem with the education site

59 REPLIES 59
Message 1 of 60
Sherman123
9342 Views, 59 Replies

Login problem with the education site

When I go to the education site I am able to login but then it brings me back to a new login window. If I re type my user name and password it brings me to a screen that says I am already logged in. If I click continue to stay logged in it brings me back to a login screen and the cycle repeats. If i close the login window I am clearly not logged in as I am unable to pull up my profile or download applications. I have tried using different computers and have had the same problem. I have also tried using both firefox and internet explorer. I have cleared all temp files cache and cookies and nothing seems to work. I have sent an email to the education support team but they are slow to respond and do not seem to understand the problem.

59 REPLIES 59
Message 21 of 60
philip.s
in reply to: philip.s

Closing the loop with a status update that full access has been restored to the Education Community download page. Please let us know if you experience any further issues.

Message 22 of 60
Mankano
in reply to: Sherman123

Still doesn't work for me.

When I enter my password and click login it either takes me to the download section without logging me in, or shows the login overlay again.

Last time I could log in to students.autodesk.com was one or two years ago after trying for half an hour.

I managed to download Maya but got logged out before I could copy my key lol.

I'm using firefox, accepting 3rd party cookies and disabled RefControl and IPf*ck addons.

I even disabled HTTPS everywhere because some pages can't handle encrypted connections, but not even that helped.

Maybe you should get rid of that retarded javascript login overlay and all other javascript sh*t on your page and replace it with something normal.

Who requires JavaScript to log in to a page lol? The 90s called, they want their web designer back...

I might try chasnz83's trick, but it doesn't really matter because I'm no student anymore and no artist anyway.

Message 23 of 60
jatz_ens

The programmer who makes this login should be replaced.  As simple as creating cookies and sessions for login does not know.

It will creates a vicious cycle of logins after logins.  If I type different passwords it knows that passwords did not match but it will create another login.

Message 24 of 60
ga34jij

The Problem is still not solved. Is there any other way to download the Software? A Mirror?

Message 25 of 60
takuma100%

Hello, I have the same problem. I always thought it would be great to have an Autodesk Education Account. Now, I do have one, and ' think it would be great to use it. I can login, but I cannot access my account., getting always the same message:"We are sorry but we cannot access or create your account at this moment..." So, I think it would be fantastic if the new year would bring a helping hand fron Autodesk.

Best regards and Happy New Year!

Message 26 of 60
camilo.lemos
in reply to: takuma100%

Hi takuma100%, Happy New Year to you too:)

I've checked your account and it seems to have been registered correctly. I've also just registered a new account as a test and I was able to fully access my new test account without any issues.

Can you please follow these steps?

1 - Log out from the Education Community.

2 - Clear your browser's cache and cookies.

3 - Close and re-open your browser.

4 - Log in again.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please try the same steps using a different browser.

Can you try the above and let me know if it works?

Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Camilo Lemos

Message 27 of 60
takuma100%
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hello

Many thanks for the quick reply! I did all the steps recommended and also used another browser (first Firefox, now Internet Explorer). But, unfortunately, the problem persists.

Best regards

Brigitte

Message 28 of 60
camilo.lemos
in reply to: takuma100%

I'm sorry to hear that didn't work.

It seems that this issue is linked with your account specifically. My suggestion at this point would be to create a new account using a different e-mail address. Also, I noticed you have a special character "%" on your username, it's a good idea not to use these special characters when creating your username as it may generate issues.

Camilo Lemos

Message 29 of 60
TakumaAuO

Hi, thank you a lot! Smiley Happy It's all fine now. The new account put an end to this problem.

Have a nice day!Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 60
shjacobsen

I am also having autodesk education sign-in issue. When I go to the education page and click the grey (although it turns blue when I hover over it) "sign in" link on the top right corner of the page it opens drop window directly below. This area has another narrow blue "sign-in" rectangel with an associated blue/white arrow next to it. When I click this link nothing happens. Well, not exactly nothing, I do see the borwser very breifly "working" and the address changes from "http://www.autodesk.com/education/student-software" to " http://www.autodesk.com/education/student-software#" However, nothing on the page changes, no feilds appear for me to input my login/password, no window pops-up, it does not take me to a seperate page...nothing. This has never happened before, and I have been able to successfully sign in multiple times before now. I have tried this process on 3 different browsers (IE, Chrome, & Firefox), I have cleared my cookies, I have updated my jave and flash, I have reset my browsers settings, I have restarted my computer, and I have tried right clicking and opening the link in another tab or window. None of these efforts have solved the problem. Please help me.  

Message 31 of 60
philip.s
in reply to: shjacobsen

Hello @shjacobsen!

Are you still experiencing this issue? Hoping that this may have been a temporary glitch but if so can you please reply with a screen shot of what you're seeing? 

Message 32 of 60
shjacobsen

Thanks for the reply. I am still haveing the problem. I am not sure that it is a problem with the website but rather an issue with my browser or computer. In either case I can't seem to solve the problem, and I am hoping that you (or someone) can help direct me to a solution. I have attached the a screen shot for reference. The highlighted section is the part I am having issues with. No matter how many times, or different ways I click that link nothing happens. In the past I can't remember exactly how it worked but I think username/password fields open up below the link, or maybe a pop-up window. In any case none of this is happening. Any help would be fantastic. 

Message 33 of 60

Hi Scott,

I tried logging into the EDU site on my end using a couple of log in details and it was working fine, log in was successful. I used both Google Chrome and IE9. What browser did you use? Do try using other browsers and prior to logging in, please clear cache and delete cookies.

Reply back to the post if you still have the same error and authorize me to reset the password so I can log in and troubleshoot further. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 34 of 60

Thanks for working on this. I have tired 3 different browsers (IE, Chrome, & Firefox), I have cleared my cookies, I have updated my java and flash, I have reset my browsers settings, I have restarted my computer, and I have tried right clicking and opening the link in another tab or window. None of these efforts have solved the problem. You are welcome to reset my passoword if needed. 

Message 35 of 60

Scott,

I reset your password ( I sent the password via Private Message) and I was able to log in successfully. See screenshot attached. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 36 of 60
stoney153
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

I've had the same issue. It turns out after logging in you can click a link at the bottom of the page: 'How to download' then click on 'I need assistance' - 'Download/install issue' - 'Chat'. Then close the chat and press 'Back' in the browser. Suddenly you're signed in and ready to download the software.

No idea why this happens - but this trick seems to work.

Message 37 of 60

Hello, i'm having this problem also.I don't know how to proceed. I would like to download autocad civil 3d. I need help.

Thank you

Message 38 of 60

Hi Rafael,

Have you tried using other browsers when trying to log in to the EDU Site? Any other specific error message when trying to log in? Upon reply, auhtorize me to reset the password in case I need to log in and troubleshoot further. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 39 of 60

Really frustrating. When on the page to download student software it require me to sign or create an account i have an account.

When i press sign in it simply refreshes the page! AND YES i used firefox and google. will use safari when i get home :--(

http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/maya#

So then on the top of the page there is an option to sign in. the first ooption autodesk account takes me to my profile and previous downloads and when i return to the student downloads page im still not logged in. Also ion the autodesk account i can only download oledr versions of maya and I need to get 2016.

So i tried logging into 360

and that takes me to some new cloud thing ive just had to sign up for.

when clicking on the eduaction community part on sign in just refreshes the page and if i right click open in new tab it takes me to the same page without any sign in options.

why cant we just have one account and sign into everything?>?>?

what am i doing wrong. this is ridiculous!?

Is it impossible to actually sign in?

Message 40 of 60

Hi @janivandenberg and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues signing in to the Education Community. 

Please try fully clearing your browser's cache and cookies, close and re-open the browser and try again.

Let me know if the problem persists after trying the above.

Camilo Lemos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report