Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiveUpdateFrame.htm will not display

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mweaver
6036 Views, 7 Replies

LiveUpdateFrame.htm will not display

Hi!

We have a problem with one install of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013.  When we try to download and install an available update, a browser window opens up and tries to display the local LiveUpdateFrame.htm file.  The browser stays blank and the update does not go forward.  We have installed the latest available service packs and hot fixes.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
SethHall
in reply to: mweaver

Sounds like it may be a browser related issue... what is your default browser?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 8
ra
Community Visitor
in reply to: SethHall

Hi

same problem default browser IE 10.  Tried in firefox and Crome same result

Rasmus Ager

Port Esbjerg

DK

Message 4 of 8
SethHall

Can you manually go and download the updates from here? http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240698#section2 

Is this specific to one user/machine?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 5 of 8
mweaver

Thanks for responding!

The default browser on the PC is IE 9.  We are running WIndows 7 Pro.

I should note that we also have Chrome installed on this PC and I tried the update with Chrome as the default.  I also tried opening the HTM file directly by navigating to c:\users\[userid]\Appdata\Local\Autodesk, Inc\AutoCAD\R19.0.114.0.0 through both browsers and selecting liveupdateframe.htm.  This procedure also did not work for the file liveupdate.htm located in the same folder.

Thanks again!

Message 6 of 8
david.lau

Can you uninstall Civil 3D 2013 (only) and then re-install it?  Expand the accordian and ensure that the latest update is included.

David Lau
Message 7 of 8
mweaver
in reply to: SethHall

Hi!

Thanks for the link to the update file.  I think this will be the answer to our problems eventually.  Our only problem now is that the instructions for the update advises us to export the custom settings since they will be over-written.  They provide a step-by-step on how to do this in Windows 7 but the feature does not seem to be available in our installation of AutoCAD Civil 3D.

Do you know if there is a way to export the custom settings other that the built-in feature within AutoCAD?

Thanks!

Message 8 of 8
SethHall

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report