Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
4080 Views, 4 Replies

LiteHTML missing

3ds Max has been working for 6 months until now

It says something about a missing LiteHTML. After googling I find out that every single Autodesk program, from the setup.exe to 3dsmax.exe is unable to find dependencies in subdirectories.

Here's a list of things I've tried (which is everything on Google):

• Set the CWDIllegalInDllSearch key to 0 (The key had not existed before this, therefore would not have had any effect anyway)

• Removing all instances of Autodesk .dlls from System32 and SysWOW64 (A recursive Windows Explorer search for each individual .dll at "C:\Windows" confirms this)

• Placing said .dlls inside SysWOW64 (and later deleting them after confirming that they did squat)

• Reinstalling .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.5

Attached is my DxDiag report, a screenshot of what happens when I run 3dsmax.exe, and a screenshot of what happens when I run setup.exe

I have no intention of reinstalling, resetting, or refreshing Windows.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you try a system restore back to when it was working?  The Litehtml.dll file error has many solved threads on this board. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Unfortunately due to an oversight in upgrading Windows, I don't have any restore points because they had been disabled for some reason.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Since Windows 8.1 Preview released, I decided to fiddle with Windows until it nearly broke. Among other things, I ran sfc /scannow and suddenly Max began to work again. But I decided to perform a Reset anyways and for a few days after Max was working fine, along with Maya.

After working on one of my projects for a few hours, I decided to save and restart Max because the Steering Wheel decided to stop functioning properly and be stuck on my mouse in one spot as to be useless. Unfortunately when I ran Max again some minutes later, I ran into an error message, no explanation, nothing. Upon viewing the Event Logs, I find that 3dsmax.exe ran into a .NET Runtime error 1026. I found that error 1026 is an "Access Denied" type of error, so I figured I wouldn't lose anything by running Max as Administrator. I get some more helpful information (or useless as it could be a chain of broken items like LiteHTML.dll is):

The assembly C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2013\bin\assemblies\Autodesk.Max.Wrappers.dll encountered an error while loading.

It is possible that this error put the application in a bad state. The application will continue to run, but we recommend quitting the application, removing the plug-in, and restarting.

I have no plug-ins.

I run sfc /scannow again and begin to extract the 3ds max setup files again so I could perform a repair.

sfc /scannow did nothing after the restart and "LiteHTML.dll is missing". Again.

Maya works great though.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

An interesting discovery:

It seems the "among other things" I performed while fiddling with Windows is what fixed Max initially.

As it turns out using NVidia's Catalyst Control Center to set 3dsmax.exe to run on "High-performance NVIDIA Processor", which in this case is a Quadro K2000M on a ThinkPad W530 using Nvidia's WHQL 320.00 drivers, is what's causing Max to not work. This discovery is quite confusing however, because 3ds Max worked on the aforementioned mobile GPU just fine for the past few days.

Using Intel's integrated graphics (HD4000 on an i7 3720QM) will make Max work properly. Will continue to fiddle so that I can use my K2000M for Max.

As a side note, "LiteHTML.dll is not found" is still there.

Edit: Absolutely unusual. Using Nvidia's CCC to set 3dsmax.exe to "Integrated Graphics", then back to "High-performance NVIDIA Processor" seems to make Max work on my K2000M just fine. As an aside, I turned off Gamma Correction.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report