Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limits the student licence

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ulthran
14836 Views, 3 Replies

Limits the student licence

Hi, I have a question about the student licence terms.

I asked this on the "students" part but was advised to come here for more official answer.

It says (more or less)"personal education, non commercial, non educational". So, I am a PhD student, and used 3dS Max to get a 3d view (video) of my experimental setup, wich will prove handy for talks (ex: my PhD defense).

As this is a personal use, I guess it's alright. But then: as a phd student, I am part of a research team, and we sometime give talks to other teams/labs/searchers/..., to show what we are doing, and such a video would prove helpfull. Now the question: If I (or another team member?) use it for such an event, it would still be a non commercial use (public lab: we don't make any money), non educational (we are not teaching to students), but not strictly personal, as it is for a team. Is it allowed by this licence or not?

thanks a lot,

thomas

ps: attached: a pic of what the scene

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ulthran
in reply to: ulthran

(actually, i meant "Limits in the student licence")

Message 3 of 4
lholland
in reply to: ulthran

Hi -

Here is a link to all the EULA's: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=10235425

However, I STRONGLY reccomend emailing license@autodesk.com for verification.  You wouldn't want to get burned and loose your funding to a piracy fine!

Another thing to note- beware that student versions always leave a watermark "for educational use only" on all plots.  This watermark is stored with the files.  So if you xref, use a block from or copy-paste from an educational version, it will "infect" the non-student file.  Removal of this watermark takes close to an act of God. 

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 4
ulthran
in reply to: lholland

thanks for the advice,trying to find outthe answer within all this "juridic jargon".

By the way, what do you mean by "leaving a watermark"? I don't mind it at all (I am the only one to use this software so no "infection" is possible, and as a student... such a mark on the plots i do is not a problem), but I can't see it on anything I did yet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report