Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensingserver for AutoCAD 2011

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
eaus
438 Views, 5 Replies

Licensingserver for AutoCAD 2011

Hi.

We are currently in a situation where our AutoCAD licensing server has to be moved, and upgraded to support the latest version.

As far as I know we have a 10 user limit license.

A few weeks ago I received the new AutoCAD 2011 DVD in the mail and my questions are basically... What do I do? Where do I start?

I am totally new to AutoCAD and I am reluctant to spend too much time and effort on it, so hopefully I can get some good starting pointers here 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: eaus

First think you need to do is obtain your new license file. 1-800-551-1490. Then update your NLM server files and point it to your new license file. At that point simply install your clients as network versions. If you need more details let me know.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
eaus
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi.

How should I go about moving the current license server? From what I can remember we tried this once before without any sucsess.

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

You're not really going to move it, per se.  The LIC file on the old server won't work on the new one.  All you really need to do is install the license manager from your 2011 media on the new server and get the license file from Autodesk Activations. 

Then you can install your clients and point to the new server.  It's easier than you think.

If there's anything you get stuck on just let me know.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
eaus

Will it be backwards compatible with e.g.AutoCAD 2008?

Thanks for your help, i deeply appreciate it!
Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

Yes.  The NLM is backwards compatible to version 9.2, which I believe is AutoCAD 2004 if my memory serves correct.  If your 2011 product is under Subscription, your new subscription license file should allow for use of AutoCAD 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011. 

Autodesk does provide a too long explanation how-to video on the NLM here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13503006&linkID=9240697

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report