Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing question

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Yarex
1001 Views, 2 Replies

Licensing question

I would like to buy Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2014 (Mfg. Part: 057F1-AB5111-1001) license from North American reseller, but I reside and will be using the product in Finland. I'm not sure how does the licensing policy work? Are Autodesk licenses region-specific? Would I be able to activate my software outside of North America?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: Yarex

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community.

Autodesk licenses can only be used in the country or region where it was originally purchased. If you purchase the license in North America, you won't be able to activate it outside of North America. Therefore, if you wish to use the software in Finland, it would be advisable to buy the license there instead.

As per the Software License Agreement: "Except as otherwise authorized in writing by Autodesk, the licenses granted in this Agreement are granted only for the Territory. Nothing in this Agreement permits Licensee (including, without limitation, Licensee’s Personnel, if any) to Install or Access the Licensed Materials outside of the Territory."

While territory is defined as "“Territory” (a) means the country, countries or jurisdiction(s) specified in the License Identification, or (b) if there is no such License Identification, or no country or jurisdiction is specified in the License Identification, means the country in which Licensee acquires a license to the Autodesk Materials. If the License Identification specifies, or Licensee acquires the Autodesk Materials in, a member country of the European Union or the European Free Trade Association, Territory means all the countries of the European Union and the European Free Trade Association."

I hope this clears it up for you. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 3 of 3
raygar61
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

How can I know what is in each territory.  For instance I need to use ACAD in China (Dalian) but only territory I find on web is Singapore.  I need to know what countries are included in Singapore Territory or what I need to do to get downloadable ACAD LT in China.  Appreciate any help.

Raymond

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report