Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
826 Views, 8 Replies

Licensing issue

I downloaded the 30 day free trial of AutoCAD LT 2012 from AutoDesk and liked it.  I purchased a copy and it arrived today.  I entered the Serial Number and Product Key and it is saying it is invalid.

Both what I downlaoded and purchased are AutoCAD LT 2012.  I am entering the Serial Number and Product Key from the package I got and entering it into the 30 day free trial where it says to enter that information.  I coudl try to install the CD that came with the package but I am afraid it might override settings. 

Is there a reason my Serial Number and Product key are not working?  Should I contact AutoDesk?  I did not see a phone number to call them at for support, it took me to these forums.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

I'd be sure you actually downloaded AutoCAD LT 2012 and not LT 2011 or full AutoCAD 2012 or 2011.  Your serial number and product key should work for a trial download without issue so long as you are entering the correct serial number in the correct product. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

I have confirmed that they are the same, it was the first thing I did to make sure I was not crazy.

Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

Well, unfortunately I will not be able to assist you with your serial number issue since it is forbidden to post your serial number here.  So I cannot validate whether the serial number is valid in the system. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

I understand that.  Is there someone I can call?

Should I just install the CD and hope it does not erase any settings I need?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

And I assume it is also not appropriate to PM it to you?

Message 7 of 9
TravisNave

Using a PM would work, however I do not believe that option is available yet on the forum.  It is an option that is coming in the near future.  Since you didn't purchase from a Value-Added Reseller, it doesn't leave you with a lot of support options.  Hopefully a direct Autodesk support individual will respond to you on this issue.  My hands are tied simply due to the rules here.  I'd hate for your serial number to be posted to the public. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks.  It woudl be easier if I could call someone.  🙂

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

It seemed to work.  It did not work by placing it in the welcome screen area that asks for it.  I had to do it through the Help button and that worked.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report