Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
Sparkyfire
466 Views, 4 Replies

Licensing information

Hi all,

So I'm trying to get the following questions answered.  I tried live support, but they refered me to the vendor who only refered me back to here.  Someone please help.

1.  In my companies' software environment, we have packaged (through 3rd party software to easily manage software installations) AutoCAD LT 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2013.  We have recently added a new employee and need to purchase a new license for this user.  Our vendor only offers AutoCAD LT 2014 at this time.  Could we use our 2014 license with our 2013 package?  It takes many weeks or even months to package anything within our environment and if possible, do not wish to wait this for this package before the user can use this software.

2.  I am currently working to gather all of our licenses together in one location (we have some stand alone (what this is in reference to), some subscription, some network licenses accross our orginization).  I'm having difficulty finding the license details for 3 of my standalone installations, all part of a single delivery order.  I'm trying to identify what the license numbers are.  I have the invoice, showing the following information in the header:

Autodesk, Inc
c/o Arvato Entertainment LLC

I have an AutoDesk Sales Order number and an Arvato Delivery No.  The invoice contains a lot of information, but does not contain the license details. Who could I contact to get this information?  Again I contacted the AutoDesk Customer support, and they refer me to Arvato Entertainment.   Arvato refers me to AutoDesk.  Please advise.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: Sparkyfire

for invoice info you need to contact the company that created the invoice

for license info you can generate a license report from autodesk

http://download.autodesk.com/us/support/RegistrationAndActivationWebForm.html?language=en
just select report of all my licenses in the drop down and fill out the information

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Sparkyfire
in reply to: DarrenP

I'll attempt to get the license details through the link. Hopefully this solves 2. Telling me to contact the vendor for that information is not helpful. I stated twice in my post that they just refer me to AutoCAD.

Any answer for the 1st? AutoCAD writes their license. Not some other 3rd party vendor. Can AutoCAD not tell me what is allowed in their license?

Message 4 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: Sparkyfire

Isn't LT still limited to stand-alone licensing ie. network licensing isn't available?

One of the benefits of Subscription is the ability to run earlier versions (typically 3 back) from the current release.  Given that the current release is 2015, then the license could be used to run 2014, 2013, and 2012.  If you purchase through a third party who is NOT an AutoDesk reseller then you may not have Subscription in which case the new license will ONLY be for the current version.

Which brings another question to mind: only the current version ie. 2015 is being sold - older releases aren't up for sale.  Was that 2014 LT you indicated a typo?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
Sparkyfire
in reply to: dgorsman

I didn't think so, but would have to go back to the vendors website.  But this did answer my question.  If we purchase a subscription service, then we could use the license with the earlier versions that we have packaged.  However buying a standalone only allows for that versions software.  Thank you for your help with this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report