Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing firewall issues

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
K.Khursheed
2605 Views, 12 Replies

Licensing firewall issues

Hello Support,

We are a University using Product design suite ultimate.

Just generated a new license file for 2015 and upgraded the license server software to the latest version v11.12.0

We used nlm11.12_ipv4_win64.

The license server is 2008R2 64bit.

Everything looks good through LMtools - server status

Installed the client software onto a test workstation, 

When i run inventor (or any other autodesk program) i get the Flexnet License Finder dialog.

then error message [-96,491,0]

If i turn off the firewall on our server, it works as should!

The fire has rules to make 2080, 27000-27009 available.

I have tried making rules for adskflex and other programs lmgrd etc....

File and print sharing ICMPv4 and ICMPv6 allowed.

Still can't the license to work. 

I have attached the log file generated from LMtools.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards

Kes

ITS sussex university.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
TravisNave
in reply to: K.Khursheed

The firewall is clearly still blocking the necessary .exe files and ports.  Are you using a 3rd party or Windows Firewall?  I suspect the exceptions are not working as expected.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 13
K.Khursheed
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi,

We are using the windows firewall, this server also feeds licenses for Labview, ansys, solidworks, xlinx, etc....

all working.

Autocad licenses for a different product and department was being distributed from this machine (entertainment suite).

A rule for the firewall was being applied with a group policy for ports 2080 and 27009, was working fine.

The new engineering license (product desgn suite) and the previous licenses have been combined and software upgraded.

The group policy changed to allow 2080, 27000-27009.

Does it need the port range for the product design suite?

Tried disabling the group policy and applying the rules manually, with exactly the same results.

I noticed that in the log, its using IPv6 socket? although its the IPv4 version installed, IPv6 is not enabled on this network.

Any thoughts on how i could break this down further?

regards

Kes. 

Message 4 of 13
TravisNave

Ah, that makes more sense now.  When you combined all of your licenses with the other products, did you also combine all the license managers to the latest lmgrd.exe?  This is what I typically recommend to make sure that all the vendors are working properly.  Because Solidworks license manager is a little more complex, I generally combine everything with its license location, upgrade the lmgrd.exe there, copy in all the vendor daemons and combine the compatible license files there. 

For the best method to properly combine your license files, please read my entire thread here and choose the method that best fits your needs:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Combining-License-Files-for-Subscription-and-No...

Also, I have found that it is best to find out which ports between 27000 and 27009 are not being used by the other vendors, then hardcode the appropriate port into the autodesk license file (if it is separate) at the end of the top line behind your MAC address.  For example, I will force 27003 when there is another license manager conflict. 

Let me know if you still need more information.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 13
K.Khursheed

Thanks for the information, have recombined the files (older appended to new).

The new one does not specify a port......

I have just noticed that Geoslope uses 27005.

Can i specify  a port in the top line to 27000, would that work or do i need to something else as well?

Help much appreciated.

regards

Kes

Message 6 of 13
TravisNave

If they are all combined and working, then you could specify a specific port.  Are there any license files that weren't compatible to combine?  Usually Autodesk reserves 27005 for its redundant licensning, so I rarely use that one myself.  27000 is always a safe bet. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 13
K.Khursheed

Still waiting to hear if the informatics (older license) license is working correctly......

Just realized their clients are configured to 27009 from pre combined license file!

Can i use 27009 as the port specified in the new combined license file?

Thanks for all your help, that makes a lot more sense now (first time combining files).

regards

Kes

Message 8 of 13
TravisNave

Absolutely.  27009 is fine.  If you run into any goofy behavior, you can post the logs and status enquiry.  There's nothing I haven't seen at this point. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 13
K.Khursheed

Okay, i have added 27009 as the port, top line of combined license file.

Ports 2080, 27009 open in firewall.

I get the license undetected from the clients end, have attached the debug file.

Do the other ports still need to be open? 27000-27008.

regards

Kes

Message 10 of 13
TravisNave

Sorry, long day.  Your debug log shows the NLM is running fine on 27009. You probably need to modify the LICPATH.LIC files on the Autodesk client machines and put the same 27009 behind the faux 000000000000 mac address.  That will force the client to look on 27009.  Opening up all 27000-27009 is usually a good idea.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 13
K.Khursheed

Thats great, making a lot of sense, thanks for all your help.

Much appreciated

regards

Kes.

ITS Sussex. 

Message 12 of 13
nlebba1

I have a different issue. recently i have changed the license server and installed new LMtools. Initially the product (AutoCAD 2020)  was working fine but next day it stopped & showing no license available. Then i stopped the server and re-read the license and again it started working. Now the problem is everyday I have to do the same exercise. is this problem related to a firewall or TCP/IP port issue.

Appreciate your reply

Message 13 of 13
TravisNave
in reply to: nlebba1

Does your debug log file show why it is failing daily?

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report