Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing and Authorization Codes

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
demonepic
4945 Views, 12 Replies

Licensing and Authorization Codes

Hi

I have experienced problems when trying to authorize an installation of AutoCAD LT 2004.

------------------------------->>
Background:

We are currently in possession of 17 upgrade licenses and a new 5-license copy of AutoCAD LT 2004.

Using one of the upgrade licenses for a network image we have been installing AutoCAD LT 2004 to client machines and authorizing them over the Internet.

This worked ok until during one attempt at authorization the following error was encountered:

Registration Error (10)

"!You have exceeded the number of authorizations allowed for this product. Please contact Autodesk."

Following this I obtained an authorization code from https://register.autodesk.com. I entered a current serial number, and an old serial number for the upgrade license and was given an authorization code.

When I entered this code on the client installation it was rejected.
------------------------------->>

Prior to creating a network image to deploy the application, I posted a message on an Autodesk message board regarding the use of licenses for network installations - I was informed that as long as I was in possession of the physical licenses, I could use a single copy to install the software in this way.

I noticed that during product authorization the same serial number was being used each time, and I now assume that is why I have received the error regarding overuse of licenses.

If my assumption is correct, then please could somebody tell me what action I must take to correct the problem. Furthermore can you tell me if I am permitted to deploy the application from a network image based on the license information I have provided in the above 'Background' section.

I have tried contacting Autodesk directly about this, but they were less than helpful!!!

Thank you in advance

Demonepic
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: demonepic

Demonepic, The previous information you received was correct - if you have purchased multiple standalone seat copies of LT 2004, you can use the Network Installation Wizard (NIW) utility to create a single installable image, that your users can install from off of a server. Sounds like you did that, but uncovered a problem that all of your copies installed using the same single seat license serial number, which has caused you to 'max' out on activations for that serial number. To avoid this problem in the future, you can do one of two things: 1. When creating the standalone installable deploy with the NIW, be sure to uncheck the "Client installations will be run in silent mode" option so the install runs as 'non-silent'. In doing so, when each user runs the install from the installable image you have created, they will be prompted to enter a serial number, which you can distribute out so that each seat installs with its own unique standalone license serial number. 2. In the future, request a "multi-seat standalone" license when you purchase your seats which will be better fit your model of use. A multi-standalone license allows you to purchase multiple standalone seat copies of LT 2004, that are all tracked and managed under a single serial number, including the total number of activations you are entitled to. To solve your immediate problem, I think your best alternative is to use option 1 and uninstall/reinstall your seats with the new deploy image as you have time. Regards, Greg Suppes Autodesk, Inc. "demonepic" wrote in message news:12471191.1077810990812.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hi > > I have experienced problems when trying to authorize an installation of AutoCAD LT 2004. > > ------------------------------->> > Background: > > We are currently in possession of 17 upgrade licenses and a new 5-license copy of AutoCAD LT 2004. > > Using one of the upgrade licenses for a network image we have been installing AutoCAD LT 2004 to client machines and authorizing them over the Internet. > > This worked ok until during one attempt at authorization the following error was encountered: > > Registration Error (10) > > "!You have exceeded the number of authorizations allowed for this product. Please contact Autodesk." > > Following this I obtained an authorization code from https://register.autodesk.com. I entered a current serial number, and an old serial number for the upgrade license and was given an authorization code. > > When I entered this code on the client installation it was rejected. > ------------------------------->> > > Prior to creating a network image to deploy the application, I posted a message on an Autodesk message board regarding the use of licenses for network installations - I was informed that as long as I was in possession of the physical licenses, I could use a single copy to install the software in this way. > > I noticed that during product authorization the same serial number was being used each time, and I now assume that is why I have received the error regarding overuse of licenses. > > If my assumption is correct, then please could somebody tell me what action I must take to correct the problem. Furthermore can you tell me if I am permitted to deploy the application from a network image based on the license information I have provided in the above 'Background' section. > > I have tried contacting Autodesk directly about this, but they were less than helpful!!! > > Thank you in advance > > Demonepic
Message 3 of 13
demonepic

Greg

Thanks for the advice, that worked great.

I hope you don't mind if I ask another question, but I'm also having trouble with a five license pack copy of AutoCAD LT 2004.

I guess with this copy I am allowed to obtain five authorization codes against one serial number. However, when I tried to authorize for the first time I received a 'Registration Error (2)' message, and had to send my registration information to rt.xml.emea@autodesk.com to get a code.

Basically, what I would like to know is - is there anywhere on the Web site that deals exclusively with licensing / authorization issues, or alternatively an e-mail address I can write to for help when problems arise.

I have written in the past and simply been told to contact my reseller for support, which is no longer possible.

Any information would be very helpful.

Thanks

Demonepic
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

This newsgroup is the best one for both standalone and network licensing questions. Many other online resources exist: go to http://www.autodesk.com, pick Support, pick your product, and search the Knowledgebase. There are extensive technical documents, such as this one: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS66018 There are many other options for support from Autodesk: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=2773114&linkID=2475323 Your reseller is usually your first stop. Why can't you contact them? Are they out of business? --Cy-- "demonepic" wrote in message news:13419348.1078219025103.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Greg > > Thanks for the advice, that worked great. > > I hope you don't mind if I ask another question, but I'm also having trouble with a five license pack copy of AutoCAD LT 2004. > > I guess with this copy I am allowed to obtain five authorization codes against one serial number. However, when I tried to authorize for the first time I received a 'Registration Error (2)' message, and had to send my registration information to rt.xml.emea@autodesk.com to get a code. > > Basically, what I would like to know is - is there anywhere on the Web site that deals exclusively with licensing / authorization issues, or alternatively an e-mail address I can write to for help when problems arise. > > I have written in the past and simply been told to contact my reseller for support, which is no longer possible. > > Any information would be very helpful. > > Thanks > > Demonepic
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

Demonepic, If you purchased a five license pack of LT 2004 under a single serial number (i.e. a multi-seat standalone license), then you are entitled to the five activations under that one serial number. On the other hand, if your five license pack contains five separate serial numbers, than each should be installed with its own serial number and activated accordingly. In terms of getting assistance, you can use your reseller, or the links that Cy provided. Additionally, within the product activation/registration interface, when you get the type of error you did, you are given an option to contact Autodesk, with the following contact options: ========= Email authcodes@autodesk.com Fax 800-225-6490 or 415-507-4937 (or -4938) Call 415-507-4690 or 800-551-1490 Mail Product Registrations Autodesk Inc 111 McInnis Parkway San Rafael, CA 94903 ========= Regards, Greg Suppes Autodesk, Inc. "demonepic" wrote in message news:13419348.1078219025103.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Greg > > Thanks for the advice, that worked great. > > I hope you don't mind if I ask another question, but I'm also having trouble with a five license pack copy of AutoCAD LT 2004. > > I guess with this copy I am allowed to obtain five authorization codes against one serial number. However, when I tried to authorize for the first time I received a 'Registration Error (2)' message, and had to send my registration information to rt.xml.emea@autodesk.com to get a code. > > Basically, what I would like to know is - is there anywhere on the Web site that deals exclusively with licensing / authorization issues, or alternatively an e-mail address I can write to for help when problems arise. > > I have written in the past and simply been told to contact my reseller for support, which is no longer possible. > > Any information would be very helpful. > > Thanks > > Demonepic
Message 6 of 13
farhanmemon

Dear AutoCAD Team,

We are using AutoCAD 2004 License Verssion only one system. I have virus issue therefore i install new windows xp.

When i install AutoCAD 2004 andi registered AutoCAD 2004 during activation error message appear. Error Number 10.

Message given below..

You have exceded the number of authorization allowed for this product. Please contact Autodesk.

Product AutoCAD 2004

Serial # xxx-xxxxxxxx

Old Serial # xxx-xxxxxxxx

Please give me a solution as soon so that i can reslove the problem.

I m waiting your response.

Best Regards,

Farhan Abu Bakar

email : npk_hepdesk@engro.com

contact number : +92-322-2450105

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 7 of 13
DarrenP
in reply to: farhanmemon

why are you posting your serial number on a public forum?

you need to call 1-800-551-1490 for activation codes not on the forums

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 13
tsouder2

I am trying to install AutoCad 2004 onto 4 new computers.  The serial numbers are xxx-xxxxxxxx, xxx-xxxxxxxx, xxx-xxxxxxxx and xxx-xxxxxxxx.  I have tried to obtain new authentication codes on line but with no success.  Please forward authenication codes so that I can install and register the above licenses.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 9 of 13
DarrenP
in reply to: tsouder2

did you even read the above post?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 13
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

Read: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=13682581

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 11 of 13
TravisNave

It's gonna be one of those days, Darren.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 12 of 13
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

i guess

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 13 of 13
khalequekunjo

i need serial no. pls sir give me...
khaleque_kunjo@yahoo.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report