Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing agreement allows for "Recording" audio / video and photos?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
MACKTEK
334 Views, 8 Replies

Licensing agreement allows for "Recording" audio / video and photos?

Hello, I was looking at joining the beta of an Autodesk Product, and in the Agreement for the beta it says:

"Consent and Release. The individual participating in the usability research event or session understands and agrees that Autodesk may be making photographs, video and/or audio recordings and collecting information about the use of product features, system configuration and related information (“Recordings”) of the usability research event or session in which such individual is a participant. The participating individual agrees that Autodesk may record participating individual’s voice and image during the study, and that Autodesk and its Affiliates, successors, legal representatives, licensees, contractors, agents and assigns may use and reproduce recordings made of participating individual during the study for Autodesk internal purposes only, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium, without any further compensation to participating individual The participating individual irrevocably assigns, licenses, and grants to Autodesk and its licensees worldwide and in perpetuity all rights the participating individual has to authorize, prohibit, and/or control the use of the Recordings through any technology and means. The participating individual further releases Autodesk from any liability arising from the exercise of the rights granted here, including any claim by the participating individual for a violation of the participating individual’s rights of publicity and/or privacy."

Does this mean that Autodesk can start video / audio or photos of my session with the beta software on my computer? Official responses only please.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: MACKTEK

@MACKTEK wrote:

....Official responses only please.

Unofficial response: this is not the proper forum for Beta discussions.

http:\\beta.autodesk.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 9
MACKTEK
in reply to: JDMather

That link you provide only links to the beta section.

Do you have a link for the forum of the beta section?

Message 4 of 9
JDMather

Yes.

beta.autodesk.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 9
MACKTEK
in reply to: JDMather

I am not really a big fan of allowing "Video, Audio, and Photo" access to my computer. I would like to make sure that something like this would only happen at very specific "sessions" where I individually consent on a "per event" basis.

Its not acceptable to provide carte blanche access to my system just because I am using a beta.

As I mentioned, I am not seeing a link to the forum at the address: beta.autodesk.com

Where is the forum? The problem is that there is a beta license agreement Prior to entering any Beta Project.

If I am supposed to click a project to enter the forum, then that is not a solution BECAUSE I have to agree to the License Agreement PRIOR to being able to post my question.

I need to get an answer to my question before I can agree to the license, so that I don't inadvertently agree to allowing Autodesk video access to my computer.

Message 6 of 9
dgorsman

As you say, the forums are only accessible by approved BETA testers who have agreed to the terms of service and NDA.

BETA participation isn't mandatory, and its not guaranteed.  If you don't agree to the terms then don't participate.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 7 of 9
MACKTEK
in reply to: dgorsman

Yea, I totally understand your response.

However, a contractual obligation to have access to my computer's video and audio is undesired.

I don't agree to allowing unfettered video access to my computer.

And I can't imagine too many people would "knowingly" allow that either. 

Message 8 of 9
extrachannel18

This thread may be old but I quote what Macktek is saying. I am opting out from this program for the same reason.

I have very sensitive data in my computer and certainly I won't allow Autodesk to record whatever it falls on screen and especially record voices. I am sure Autodesk is a serious company, but no one assures that it is 100% immute to data breaches that may occur in the future.

Also the oldish technique to 'accept and then ask' in beta forums is another way to oblige the acceptance. Already seen in other companies, same response from me: 'No thanks'.

Message 9 of 9

@extrachannel18  Then don't do the beta ... 

You're getting early access ... need to give up something sometimes in return to help them better the software.     

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report