Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing System Error 30: failed to start AdLM

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
scotthex
23105 Views, 24 Replies

Licensing System Error 30: failed to start AdLM

About a week ago Revit stopped loading on my pc for no reason. No error reports there was simpy nothing when the Icon was clicked.

After reinstalling it twice still the same issue. Got in the IT company who deal with us and they did a system restore back to a month ago. Now when I load up revit the window opens up but this Licensing error 30:failed to AdLM appears and I can only use Revit on demo mode. I go to Product & Licensing Information and go to register as standlalone and the same error comes up.

I have now tried to uninstall it but it wont even allow me to do that with a setup window coming up saying this patch package could not be opened.

Iam at a loss as to why this has happened and how to put this right. It is obvious a licensing issue but I had on a license for months and it worked fine up until a week ago.

My computer is windows xp 32bit 2002. It is not the fastest but it does the job.

Highly frustrating, any advice would be greatly appreciated

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25

Hi Frederico,

Não, estou no ISCTE.
Eu consegui instalar mas teve de ser o 2015 em portugues. 

Esta a funcionar bem no pc por isso acho que podes tentar, eu tentei tudo o resto e nao consegui. 

Cumprimentos,

Vanessa

Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 25

Ok, obrigado!! Vou instalar o 2015 então!

--
Frederico Silva
Message 23 of 25
thommynator
in reply to: scotthex

For me this error happens when I change the Revit shortcut from

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2016\Revit.exe" /language DEU

to

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2016\Revit.exe" /language ENU

When I change the shortcut back to german it works again fine. Win8.1 / Revit 2015 Student 20150303_0715(x64)
Update Release 7

www.EnjoyBIM.de | Revit, Dynamo, BIM and more | High quality training and Consulting in Stuttgart

-----------------------------
Ihr fandet einen Beitrag hilfreich? Dann vergebt dafür doch Kudos!
Eure Frage wurde erfolgreich gelöst? Dann einfach auf den 'Als Lösung akzeptieren'-Button klicken!
Message 24 of 25
glenn2032
in reply to: hashim.mundol

my revit version is 2016 I am running windows 10 let me know where I can delete this corrupt file so I can get rid of the error 30 very frustracting.

Message 25 of 25
byron.morales
in reply to: glenn2032

Hello Glenn:

1) Please close all the Autodesk software then please Rename or Delete the following files: 

Windows 7/Windows 8
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*_tsf.data and the two other Adsk* files listed total of 3 files to be deleted.

(Please note the above file is a hidden file and you will need to enable show hidden files under folder options).

2) Locate and Rename the following folder:

Windows: C:\User\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ADUT\
Change it to:
C:\User\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ADUT2\ 

3)verify your internet options settings have nothing checked under proxy settings:
Launch Internet explorer 
Go to Tools >
Internet Options
Select Connections Tab
Click on LAN Settings
Unselect all the check boxes related to proxy settings and automatically detect settings 
Click OK and close the “Local Area Network (LAN) Settings” dialog. 
Click OK and close “Internet Properties” dialog

4) “disable any white-listing software” for example: Parity Agent.

5) Then Go to the control panel and program and features, located Revit 2016 under the list of installed programs and select Change then select Repair.

6) Reboot the computer.

7) Re-launch Revit 2016.

If the issue persist you will need to uninstall Revit 2016 from the computer. To do so please repeat the steps 1 and  2 above and then Uninstall Revit 2016 as described here:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2016/ENU/?guid=GUID-2DC7BE05-FE32-4E49-BA43-6EED211DC6B1

Reboot computer, Turn Antivirus Off, Clear the contents of the %temp% folder and then attempt to re-install the software. 

Let me know if the above steps helps you to resolve the issue.

Byron M.
Installation and Licensing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report