Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing System Error 30: failed to start AdLM

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
scotthex
23058 Views, 24 Replies

Licensing System Error 30: failed to start AdLM

About a week ago Revit stopped loading on my pc for no reason. No error reports there was simpy nothing when the Icon was clicked.

After reinstalling it twice still the same issue. Got in the IT company who deal with us and they did a system restore back to a month ago. Now when I load up revit the window opens up but this Licensing error 30:failed to AdLM appears and I can only use Revit on demo mode. I go to Product & Licensing Information and go to register as standlalone and the same error comes up.

I have now tried to uninstall it but it wont even allow me to do that with a setup window coming up saying this patch package could not be opened.

Iam at a loss as to why this has happened and how to put this right. It is obvious a licensing issue but I had on a license for months and it worked fine up until a week ago.

My computer is windows xp 32bit 2002. It is not the fastest but it does the job.

Highly frustrating, any advice would be greatly appreciated

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
hashim.mundol
in reply to: scotthex

It could be a corrupt license file, which caused the initial issue. But now you have corrupt installation as well.

If you let us know the Operating system and Revit version we can explain how to delete the corrupt license files. Which should allow you  to reactivate the product.

If this doesn’t help we will need your IT support to use msizap to clean the installation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 25
scotthex

Windows xp professional 32-bit. Revit version is 10.03.26170. I hope that is what you are after.

Thanks, I look forward to a possible solution

Message 4 of 25
hashim.mundol

If you don’t have any other Autodesk software installed. Please delete adsk*.data files from the following folder

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet

Please try to activate the software.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 25
scotthex
in reply to: hashim.mundol

I have revit 2010 on it too but I dont use that one anymore - probably best i uninstall it yeah? I alos have AutoCAD 2008 which I sometimes use.

Message 6 of 25
hashim.mundol

Deletion of this file would affect 2010. 2008 should continue to work normally.

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 25
scotthex

I ahve erased this file and restarted the computer but unfortunately exactly the same message - Error 30. Is it best to get our IT support to wipe the computer clean?

Message 8 of 25
hashim.mundol

Please request them to uninstall the software if possible (may be using msizap). Reinstall might solve, else wiping the machine would be a good idea as you had issues in past

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 25
scotthex

Thanks

Message 10 of 25
GlynnisVP

I had this error and the solution for me was to do a repair.  Go to the Control Panel, pick the application and then select the Change/Uninstall option.

Message 11 of 25
bryanx7

I am having the same problem. My operating system is windows vista 32 bit and I am trying to download revit mep 2012. Please help.

Message 12 of 25
DarrenP
in reply to: bryanx7

did you try any of the suggestions mentioned?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 13 of 25
icebreak

I installed revit 2014 with w8, I tried to delete the directory recommended or repair the program, as suggested in the discussion, but it keeps giving me error!

Message 14 of 25
TravisNave
in reply to: icebreak

What error?

Win8 is a little more strict in its privileges.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 15 of 25
tagada29

Hello,

I have the same problem with the failure message "licence 30".

I already tried to uninstall et install and I tried to use the repair function but it didn't worked neither.

My computer is running with windows 8, 64bits,  what can I do to fix it?

Message 16 of 25
win.caz
in reply to: bryanx7

For no reason everytime I try to open 3ds Max or any of the software that came with it, this message comes up, "The software license check has failed. Error 20". I have tried reinstalling the software but nothing has changed. I am using Windows 8. Can you please help?

Message 17 of 25

Windows 8, Revit 2014, 64 bit

Message 18 of 25
pologuyzo
in reply to: GlynnisVP

Hello please help me i have the problem, i tried everything but still nothing. even "reaper" . in atach.

Revit 2014 - Français Error.pngis doesn't work

Message 19 of 25

Hello, my name is Vanessa, Im portuguese and i have a problem to install Revit 2013 Portuguese version.

When i open, show me "Licensing System Error 30: failed to start AdLM". 

I unistall the Revit and I tried to install again but don´t work anyway..

Can you help me???

I really need the portuguese version.

Message 20 of 25

Hi, I'm Frederico, and I'm portuguese too! And I've the same problem that you have.

When I solve it, I came here to give some answers!
There is no portuguese version of Revit 2013...

PS. Are you from Faculdade de Arquitectura de Lisboa, as well?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report