Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing Server returned networking error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
4735 Views, 4 Replies

Licensing Server returned networking error

I recently set up an AutoDesk license server on a Ubuntu 9.10 machine acting as the office server. The installation and configuration of the license server seemed to go fine, runs with the error:

17:24:24 (adskflex) Unable to initialize access to trusted storage: 2

which I believe I read somewhere that it could be ignored. I then continued on to install a maya 2010 client on a Windows 7 machine. After instillation, during the first run the FLEXnet License Finder launches. Clicking "Specify the License Server System" and entering "cerberus" (the name of the server) then provides the error "The License Server returned a networking error. See your System Administrator for assistance."

The only error found in the boot.log file is mentioned above. The debug.log file shows no attempts to even check out a license. Both the server's and client's firewalls are currently disabled and I have telnet access into ports 27000 and 2080 (the ports opened for the server.) This is running on a local network where I am able to ping the server via server name "cerberus" from the client.

I followed the default instillation provided in the Install_Maya.pdf.

I would greatly appreciate any ideas of where this error may be coming from or places to look and find more information.

Thanks,

Chris.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Adskflex doesn't use trusted storage, so you can ignore this warning. As for your networking error, what is your NLM running on and what is the NLM version? Also can you ping the machine by hostname and does it respond with the correct IP address?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Yes, I can ping the machine by hostname and it does respond with the correct IP (internal IP 192.168.100.106).

As far as the NLM and version, I assume you are talking about the lmgrd? It is running on a Ubuntu 9.10 system:

11:31:37 (lmgrd) FLEXnet Licensing (v11.6.1.0 build 66138 amd64_re3) started on cerberus (linux) (4/6/2010)

11:31:37 (adskflex) FLEXnet Licensing version v11.6.1.3 build 72149 amd64_re3 Edited by: xenogas on Apr 6, 2010 11:33 AM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Autodesk support was able to help fix the issue. Apparently when configuring the client I had entered server name . local (cerberus.local). This caused conflicts with the detection of the server. I'm assuming a timeout, as I can still ping using that address, it just takes a bit longer to perform the lookup.

Changing the server address in c:\flexlm\maya.lic to the server's IP resolved this.
Message 5 of 5
TravisNave

Changing it instead to THIS_HOST may be better in the event that your IP address changes or if there is more than one IP address for that server.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report