Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
129 Views, 1 Reply

Licensing Problem

Hello:

On occasion we like to stop the AutoCAD License service, wait 60 secs, and then restart it to clear out any zombies that may be present. This used to work fine - until recently. Now when we do that and attempt to restart the service we get an error stating that the service is already running (although it is not). It apparently does restart and does serve licenses however a LMTOOLS server status does not show any clients (again even though there are).

The only thing that I am aware of that has changed on the license server computer is that another license server process has been installed that uses version 10.1 of the LMGRD.

Any ideas?

Thanks;
NIck
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Nick, If there are any active borrowed licenses then the license manager will tend to do what you describe and will require rebooting the server. If you set TIMEOUT then you should not get any 'zombies'. I do not recommend stopping and restarting the license manager if you allow license borrowing. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting "nickseman" wrote in message news:22987584.1095338734151.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hello: > > On occasion we like to stop the AutoCAD License service, wait 60 secs, and then restart it to clear out any zombies that may be present. This used to work fine - until recently. Now when we do that and attempt to restart the service we get an error stating that the service is already running (although it is not). It apparently does restart and does serve licenses however a LMTOOLS server status does not show any clients (again even though there are). > > The only thing that I am aware of that has changed on the license server computer is that another license server process has been installed that uses version 10.1 of the LMGRD. > > Any ideas? > > Thanks; > NIck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report