Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing Model must change

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
394 Views, 6 Replies

Licensing Model must change

Dear Autodesk,

I am at a loss to explain Autodesk's lack of understanding for their clients business'.

I must first state that my VAR - XX-XXXX has and continues to be great to work with.
Their sales and support staff have always responded quickly and with genuine care.

But, I am at a loss as to why we can not get the licenses from Autodesk in a timely manner?
With very limited exception we do not have this problem with other vendors.
We are typically able to get licenses almost instantly or within hours.

Autodesk has a disconnect of understanding the immediacy of response required by Professional Services companies to their clients.
This is apparent as there is no immediacy in Autodesk's response to their clients licensing and product needs.

This process is slow, arcane and merciless.

Autodesk must streamline this process and figure out a way to be more responsive to their clients in lieu of their shareholders.

Frustrated and at the mercy of Autodesk,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additionally, my new license file that I finally received after wating DAYS!!!!...is deficient in some of the modules that my original license has.
Why should I have to stitch together license files?

This SHOULD be a one stop shop, instead it's nothing but a broken merry-go-round between my VAR, a non-intuitive web site and me.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, I am not sure who your VAR is, but I know that I provide my customers their network license files or stand-alone activations within minutes. In fact, I can generally do a remote session with a customer, install their NLM, provide them the license, and have them up and running in one phone call. Perhaps you should consider the 'value added' on your value added reseller. Taking days or even hours to get a license file is not acceptable.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Well, that is interesting.....
You are calling an AutoDesk rep and getting instant response for license rerquests!?

My VAR told me 3-5 days was the typical response from AutoDesk. Edited by: msweitzer@saminc.biz on Mar 25, 2010 4:01 PM
Message 4 of 7
TravisNave

I'd say it's time to get a new VAR. 😃
What city do you live in? Perhaps a good VAR in your region will read this and pick you up!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Generally you can with the hostname and the ethernet address, prepare your
licence file before deploying your software.
For the time from Autodesk, It depends how is your licence file complex ?
If it is just one soware like AutoCAD, yes you can have it in one hour or
less.
If you have ten software with different version it could be more difficult
to generate especially if you have different serial number.
In this case it could be to have all correct more days than hours.

Franck Hervet

a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
6360816@discussion.autodesk.com...
> Well, that is interesting.....
> You are calling an AutoDesk rep and getting instant response for license
> rerquests!?
>
> My VAR told me 3-5 days was the typical response from AutoDesk.
>
> Edited by: msweitzer@saminc.biz on Mar 25, 2010 4:01 PM
Message 6 of 7
subpartner

your var is lying to you it does not take autodesk 3 - 5 days to get a license file
your var is probably having autodesk send them the license file directly and they are holding it for few days for whatever reason

Edited by: subpartner@autodesk.com on Mar 26, 2010 10:08 PM Edited by: subpartner@autodesk.com on Mar 26, 2010 10:09 PM
Message 7 of 7
DarrenP

that sounds fishy
you may want to start calling autodesk licensing directly at 1-800-551-1490 or going here: register.autodesk.com

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report