Installation & Licensing

BillyDuhKidAIS
Message 1 of 3 (103 Views)

Licensing: Is it possible to purchase an upgrade version for a student license?

103 Views, 2 Replies
06-23-2011 11:51 PM

Just a quick question... I currently have the free student version of Max/Mudbox/Motion Builder. I'm going to graduate in a year and so I'm going to need a normal version... I have serials for all three is it possible to purchase a 2013 version of Autodesk 3ds Max Entertainment Creation Suite Standard when it comes out as an upgrade edition to save some money? Adobe lets you use their student version for commercial, but even if you purchase the student version from Autodesk it looks like that's a no no... but hopefully you can use an upgrade version???  

Going to be super poor for a while paying off loans and trying to get a job... so saving a $5k software bill would be great...

Thanks!

Billy

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 2 of 3 (95 Views)

Re: Licensing: Is it possible to purchase an upgrade version for a student licen

06-24-2011 05:51 AM in reply to: BillyDuhKidAIS

i would say no because the software was free if you bought a student license then maybe you could but that is just a guess

BillyDuhKidAIS
Message 3 of 3 (83 Views)

Re: Licensing: Is it possible to purchase an upgrade version for a student licen

06-24-2011 12:09 PM in reply to: DarrenP

yeah I was just hoping they'd be nice like Adobe... but wasn't really expecting it... maybe someone from Autodesk will be able to post a reply. Most software spacifically says what you can use an upgrade licence for, they have their list of years, but not spacific types of licenses can be upgraded.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube