Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing: Is it possible to purchase an upgrade version for a student license?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BillyDuhKidAIS
192 Views, 2 Replies

Licensing: Is it possible to purchase an upgrade version for a student license?

Just a quick question... I currently have the free student version of Max/Mudbox/Motion Builder. I'm going to graduate in a year and so I'm going to need a normal version... I have serials for all three is it possible to purchase a 2013 version of Autodesk 3ds Max Entertainment Creation Suite Standard when it comes out as an upgrade edition to save some money? Adobe lets you use their student version for commercial, but even if you purchase the student version from Autodesk it looks like that's a no no... but hopefully you can use an upgrade version???  

Going to be super poor for a while paying off loans and trying to get a job... so saving a $5k software bill would be great...

Thanks!

Billy

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: BillyDuhKidAIS

i would say no because the software was free if you bought a student license then maybe you could but that is just a guess

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
BillyDuhKidAIS
in reply to: DarrenP

yeah I was just hoping they'd be nice like Adobe... but wasn't really expecting it... maybe someone from Autodesk will be able to post a reply. Most software spacifically says what you can use an upgrade licence for, they have their list of years, but not spacific types of licenses can be upgraded.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report