Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing Error Code 110 - AutoCAD and Civil 3D (2010 and 2011)

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
amilovatsug
37353 Views, 17 Replies

Licensing Error Code 110 - AutoCAD and Civil 3D (2010 and 2011)

Hi,

When I click "Activate" in the Activation dialog box, I get a licensing error with error code 110. This happen with 2010 and 2011 versions of AutoCAD and Civil3D.

Please, view attachments.

Thanks.

P.S.: Stand Alone, Student License

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
hashim.mundol
in reply to: amilovatsug

Error 110 means “Error creating a request”.  The problem can be:

1.       ASR folder was not created during the install.

2.       Missing ASR files from ASR folder.

Normally uninstall and reinstall product should help but before doing that you should try to determine if the issue is with a missing ASR folder or with missing ASR files in that folder.  Also, check permissions on the machine.  Does this happen on multiple machines or only one?

ASR folder path
Vista/win7 - C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm\Asr
Win XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Adlm\Asr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 18
amilovatsug
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Hello,

Your explanation helped me to find the problem.

The AutoCAD was looking for the path C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Dados de Aplicativos\Autodesk\Adlm\Asr (translation of Application Data to Portuguese), but the installation has occurred in that folder you told.

I just copied one folder to another, and the problem has been solved.

This happened because my old AutoCAD was installed there. Also, a program from Microsoft changed the registry to the English language, causing the confusion.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to reverse it. I think will give me problem in the future with AutoCAD or other program.

Thank you.

P.S.: Sorry about the poor English...

Message 4 of 18
cfitzgib

Hi

I have received the same error code.  I have tried reinstalling but still get the same error code.   I checked c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Adlm\Asr.  There are lots of files but can't find any files called  ASR  in this directory. I have a 25 seat stand alone license.

Message 5 of 18
gogola88
in reply to: cfitzgib

Hello, I have the same prolem with AutoCad 2013 on WIn 7 (licensing error 110) , the path to ASR folder is :  C:\Autodesk\AutoCAD_2013_English_Win_64bit\x64\acad\Common Application Data Folder \ Autodesk \ AdLM\ASR, 

should I copy the folder to other place ? I have student version 

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 18
nachanok_rim

I know how to fix it

first,you have to open notepad and type this thing

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"

then save it name Take Ownership.reg 

then click on it and click Yes

Now you can Unlock folder that have key pic on it

go to C:\ProgramData 

and right click on Autodesk select Take Ownership

then refesh.Now you can see the key pic disappear

do this the same with FLEXNet Folder (same location)

Install Program again 

Good luck 🙂

Message 7 of 18
clynecurtis

All,

I get this same error after installing Autocad 2013 for Mac on a Macbook Pro.  Any direction on fixing this on an Apple would be appreciated!  I have attached images...

Thanks!

Clyne Curtis

BIM Coordinator

Brigham Young University

Message 8 of 18

Clyne,

Were you able to find a solution. We are having the same problem.

Thanks,

Navneet

University of Manitoba

Message 9 of 18

Not yet...we are thinking it might be an issue with the operating system Mountain Lion which is not yet supported by Autodesk... [cid:image001.jpg@01CD970F.5D90B280]
Message 10 of 18

Thank you nachanok_rim,

I've tried many many things, found on many forums and couldn't find the anwsers to my problems (same error code, but with maya 2013 and mudbox 2013)

I did what you said and it worked perfectly, didn't even need to reinstall.

So i'll try to spread your post on other forums where others seems to have found the same problems. 

Thanks again.

Message 11 of 18

Thank you nachanok_rim !

Worked like a charm! Didn't need re-install.

Message 12 of 18
jgruber
in reply to: marco.rouleau

Same problem running Maya on Mavricks. Saw something about an ASR Folder is in the wrong place on a PC. Searched and don't see this folder on the Mac

Message 13 of 18
AnkushVed
in reply to: jgruber

Mavericks in not yet support for Maya 2014 from licensing perspective. Apple has made certain changes in Mavericks OS that doesnt allow 2014 licensing to work fine. (This is NOT applicable to ACAD 2014 which was released just this month and has support for Mavericks as well)

You need to either rollback to Mountain Lion or wait for a while until a new update is released for Maya to support Mavericks. 

Ankush Ved
Product Manager, Autodesk Licensing
Message 14 of 18

Does Maverix support Maya 2015?

I have tried Maya 2014 on Maverix and it doesn`t work with licencing for educational use.

Will any of them work and when?

Message 15 of 18

Hello Clyne, 

About the issue you had with the error code 110...  Were you able to fix it? I am having the same problem. 

Message 16 of 18
alex.schmitt
in reply to: nachanok_rim

Thank you Nachanok_rim

You're a hero!

Had this problem with Student version of 3DS Max 2015

Thank you!

Message 17 of 18

I tried all of this and nothing happened... At the end, I instaled the Autocad, which asked me for an Autodesk account login and password, after that revit ran right.

Message 18 of 18

ley de autocar de 2022 

777N1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report