Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License unavailable, stand alone, Revit 2014, 20130722_2115(x64)

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
amalienyholm
3759 Views, 13 Replies

License unavailable, stand alone, Revit 2014, 20130722_2115(x64)

I'm having a problem with my stand alone license. I have dowloaded a student license. 
When opening Revit 2014 it first doesn't respond, after waiting for a minute or so it then displays this error: 
"Autodesk Revit 2014
Build: 20130722_2115(x64) 

License unavailable. A License is required to run Autodesk Revit 2014 on this computer."

Of trouble shooting I have tried:
- Installing an update
- Deleting the file in c:\ProgramData\FLEXnet
- Doing a clean uninstall an reinstalling (multiple times!!)
- Making sure I have reading and writing permissions to the FLEXnet folder 

all without results. 
Right now there is no file in the FLEXnet folder and there never was ever since the clean uninstall and reinstall. 

What can I do to fix this?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
asburyj
in reply to: amalienyholm

Is it not recreating the .tsf in the flexnet file after you delete it? It should recreate the file after deleting it when you first launch the software. Make sure you have "show hidden files" enabled so you can actually see the file http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hidden-files#show-hidden-files=windows-7

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 14
amalienyholm
in reply to: asburyj

It does create the files. But it doesn't seem to have an inpact on my problem. The files were hidden but i deleted them, made a clean uninstall and reinstall and I still get the same error message. 

Message 4 of 14
asburyj

is there a log file being created in you flexnet folder? If so can you upload it?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 14
amalienyholm

There is no logfile only the two files "adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data" and "adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data_backup.001". 

Message 6 of 14
asburyj

on your system do a search for services.msc and run that aplication. When the list of services come up check for two services call FLEXNet Licensing service and FLEXNet Licensing service 64 and make sure neither one are disabled. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 7 of 14
amalienyholm

I only found the FLEXNet Licensing service 64 and it was set to manually. There was no sign of the FLEXNet Licensing service.
Should I change the the FLEXNet Licensing service 64 to automatic?

Message 8 of 14
asburyj

manual shoudl be fine. When you perform the clean re install are you following the insturctions posted here?

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

If so I am not sure what else to suggest in this case. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 9 of 14
amalienyholm

Yes I am unistalling using that guideline. 
So there is just nothing for me to do then?

Message 10 of 14
asburyj

If you are doing a clean uninstall and re install that clears off all the autodesk components so the problem may be with your windows operating system, ,with a 3rd party component used by the software such as .net framework, or with a conflict from a 3rd party software such as a antivirus software. If you are unable narrow down what is causing the error so you may want to consider starting with a clean slate and just doing a windows system re-install or choosing a different computer to install the software on. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 11 of 14
dvisani

Try this: Start the FLEXnet Licensing Service 64 (but leave Startup type as "Manual"). Then open REVIT. See if that helps.
Message 12 of 14

Hi! I am having exactly the same problem with Autodesk Revit 2016. Were you able to find a solution?
Thanks
Message 13 of 14
w1564398

Has a solution been found for this issue?? I am finding the exact same thing on windows 8.1pro after following all the above steps (clean reinstall etc)

I have attached an image of the contents of the flexnet file

On the list of services i only found  FLEXNet Licensing service 64, which i set to manual...

please help

would installing windows 10 help? 

Message 14 of 14
w1564398

Did you manage to find a solution?

Many thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report