Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License server not recognizing 3 seat plus 1 seat license combination

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
dave.swenson
918 Views, 12 Replies

License server not recognizing 3 seat plus 1 seat license combination

We are running a 3 seat license of Civil 3D, 1 seat license of Civil 3D and a 3 seat license for AutoCad on a network server using LMTools as the license server.  I have combined the 3 license files into one as directed by support staff.  The problem is that only 3 of the Civil 3d seats are recognized.

I have recreated the license file several times and still no luck getting our 4th seat online.  The 3 seat Civil 3D and 1 seat Civil 3D have different serial numbers, but I have license files for both in the combined file.

Why is LMTools not recognizing the single seat license.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
DarrenP
in reply to: dave.swenson

were they generated on the same day?

since they are the same product you only need to copy 1  increment statement from the license file: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Combining-License-Files-for-Subscription-and-No...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
dave.swenson
in reply to: DarrenP

Yes they were all generated on the same day.  I have attached the license file to this message with fake serial numbers.

Message 4 of 13
DarrenP

1 thing i noticed is you only need 1 p list

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
DarrenP

the other thing is what i noted in the above post with 2 of the same product in the license file

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 6 of 13
dave.swenson

Reduced the file to on "package" plus 2 Increments for the 2 Civil 3D serial numbers, and one package plus increment for the AutoCad, and one Increment Plist.  Still no luck.  Maybe have to get new license files and start again.

Message 7 of 13
DarrenP

can you get the license status?

and paste it on here?

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 13
dave.swenson

Server status is attached below.

Message 9 of 13
DarrenP

i noticed your on an older version of flex lm try updating to 11.9 which comes on the 2012 media

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 13
TravisNave

Agreed.  Also I noticed that the LIC file used in your path is not the same name as the one that you attached.  Is it possible that you are still using one that was from an old 3-seat only? 

You need to point to the new LIC file on the Config Services tab and then Save the service.  Stop and Start the NLM and see if you still have issues. 

Edit:  You can quickly grab the latest NLM files here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Autodesk-Network-License-Manager-2012/td-p/2962...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 11 of 13
dave.swenson
in reply to: TravisNave

That is another problem we are having.  I have tried resetting the license file and it picks it up for a while, but after checking it later, it seems to be pointing somewhere else.  Could have to do with the old LMTools.

I will try reinstalling the LMTools and go from there.

Message 12 of 13
DarrenP

try that first

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 13 of 13
TravisNave

Yep, you definitely need to be running the latest version.  On other instances where I've seen the NLM get stuck, sometimes removing the service from the Config Services tab and reconfiguring it often resolves the issue. 

Also, make sure you aren't running more than one NLM on your network at a time to avoid weird conflicts.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report